facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 18, 2011, 02:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Default just play your game guyz

our players are down after a series of defeats...160 million people has tied their dreams with the cricket team...it can create overwhelming pressure....i hope they just play their game and not think too much about previous results...

they need our support now more than ever....

Old August 18, 2011, 02:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

No. If they "Just Play Their Game" then we are doomed. They need to play better and play with much more conviction & application.
Old August 18, 2011, 03:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

our players need to play the game according to the circumstance, play the game what is required at certain situation, play the game with smart discussion in the middle between batsman. I havn't seen much our batsman negotiating their new partner the new coming batsman who came in the middle. For example Rahim could have talked with Nasir what Nasir should do at the very moment in the middle, I believe Nasir wouldn't have gone for that pull or Rahim would wanted that pull shot from Nasir. Only thing is that they need to talk with each other and move with plan and bat with plan...
Old August 18, 2011, 04:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Our players have been playing their game and we got the result. Now, it time to tighten up things and play according to the game plan and to the situation. Enough of this show off things; play as an unit for the sake of team and country.
Old August 18, 2011, 06:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

I want the team to come home. They are just making it worse by playing. The only hope is ZIM play new players from their A team to give BD a chance. Just a complete shameful tour where the BD cricket brand has been devalued and undermined. The supporters should meet the whole squad when they come back and shout Bhua Bhua so they know how it hurts
Old August 18, 2011, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
I want the team to come home. They are just making it worse by playing. The only hope is ZIM play new players from their A team to give BD a chance. Just a complete shameful tour where the BD cricket brand has been devalued and undermined. The supporters should meet the whole squad when they come back and shout Bhua Bhua so they know how it hurts
Say something positive for a change. Can you?
Old August 18, 2011, 07:37 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
No. If they "Just Play Their Game" then we are doomed. They need to play better and play with much more conviction & application.
exactly..Their natural game is khocha mara, ura dhura meaningless shot. Our player's natural game is not there yet...
Old August 18, 2011, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
The supporters should meet the whole squad when they come back and shout Bhua Bhua so they know how it hurts
Weren't you severely critical of that term even a couple of months ago?
Old August 18, 2011, 08:30 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

LBW103 reminds me of Dilscoop.
Old August 18, 2011, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

for once i agree with lbw
Old August 18, 2011, 12:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Weren't you severely critical of that term even a couple of months ago?
I still am
Old August 18, 2011, 12:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Say something positive for a change. Can you?
Let's see. I think BD will win the final two matches. I think Shakib and Tamim will cease being so selfish about their own game and earnings, and knuckle down for the team. I believe the players will take responsibility for their own game and work really hard in the nets. I think Bd will play world class cricket and show that Zim has been lucky to win all the matches so far. I believe the selectors will choose exactly the right team for each of the last two matches. I think the BCB will get their act together and forget politics, focusing instead on the interests of cricket and the team. I believe the coaching staff can and will make a positive, decisive impact on the squad from this moment onwards. I don't think there is any need to panic. I think we can afford to wait for 3 or 4 series and see where we are then. I truly believe everything with be OK with BD cricket and that certain people are completely over reacting to what is going on. I feel there is harmony in the team and the newspaper reports are simply yellow journalism. Above all, I feel we have the right captain, coaching staff, tactics, attitude and approach to go on and win the next few series and then be World Champions at the World Cup in 2015.

The future is truly bright
Old August 18, 2011, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Sarcasm does not suit you well. Or you truly and honestly believe there is nothing positive about Bangladesh cricket. If that is what you believe, what drives you here?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old August 18, 2011, 06:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

F**K THAT! CHEESIEST TITLE FOR A THREAD EVER. how can you even say to just play your game when we've been taking this approach this entire series and have been losing every single match????
Old August 18, 2011, 11:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim

I am disappointed with this team. They took Zimbabwe lightly and paid the price dearly.

but will support them no matter what. i feel sad, but still supportive!
It is good to let Shakib off captaincy, it will relieve some pressure. He will be offered captaincy again in a few years when he will be more than ready, Bangladesh will voyage into a new horizon then
Old August 19, 2011, 01:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Sarcasm does not suit you well. Or you truly and honestly believe there is nothing positive about Bangladesh cricket. If that is what you believe, what drives you here?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
A desire to face the facts about what is wrong and what's needed to correct them, because all of us here want BD cricket to do well permanently.

I am pleased for the 'happy clapping' brigade of supporters who go through superficially and think a few 4s and 6s will put everything right.

I am happy to celebrate Nasir's first effort with the bat, Mushy's brave 100, Hom's positive start. There has been some decent bowling efforts, too.

Fans turn up and cheer, they watch online and live for every ball. They will shout and encourage when the team is doing well.

But when you have hit an Iceberg and the ship is sinking, just re-arranging a pretty few deck chairs on the Titanic and admiring them, will not help stop that. After a decade of support from the ICC and Test countries, BD is still reduced to worrying about how to beat Zimbabwe, Ireland and Netherlands. That's the sad truth. Small hollow victories are all that supporters have to get excited with. The most recent games have delivered a 58 and 78 all out, a smashing 3-0 at the hands of Australia and now a 5-0 drubbing by the fastest improving team ZIM so far in all matches, which includes a humiliation in a Test match.

I am happy for you if you can be positive as the team slides into an ever deeper hole. But maybe they can beat Zimbabwe's 'A' team today in the 4th ODI and everything will then be wonderful again? Inshallah.

Last edited by LBW103; August 19, 2011 at 01:59 AM..
Old August 19, 2011, 01:43 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: ZimSlog

Even though I hate to say this, but I agree with LBW103. AH, but I still disagree with the Zimbabwe being the worst team part.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 19, 2011, 02:10 AM
Administrator

I beg to differ LBW. We may have been 'cruising' rudderless for a while and while we may have hit some might choppy waters, the news of Bangladesh Cricket's demise is premature. No, I am not calling for rearranging the deck-chairs on the titanic while the band bravely plays on 'Nearer, My God, To Thee".

Just as I am tired of the jingoist fans who were ready to bring the WC home after the Kiwis went through the deshi-juicer, I am equally tired of those who are ready to write the obituary us now.

A few good men, making the right decisions can bring the ship home. Rather than running around like chickens with our heads cut off, we can all try to affect a change. And no, typing away on the blogosphere doesn't do much good, I'll give you that. There is much that can be done and should be done. We should all make sure that what is needed is done. Your antithesis, coach Ian had loads of ideas as to what can and should be done. That is what I call looking to the positives.

If the patient is dying, let's just bury it and move on to Kabaddi.
Old August 19, 2011, 03:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Just Do your Thang Babay! Shake your money maker!!
Old August 19, 2011, 04:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: ShakTikMashNasir(ShakV2)

Passion of the Tigers (Bangladesh Cricket Team)

We shall Overcome
SIGH.