facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 3, 2011, 09:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

BDFlag Wake up Tigers! Give Us Another Banglawash!

Before Kiwis came to the Tiger land, we never thought Tigers were able to give a Banglawash, a 4-0.
Now give once mighty and now fairly weakend Aussies a Banglawash, a 3-0.
It is still possible because we believe in you. And let us enjoy our cricket life to the lees.

Old April 3, 2011, 09:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Fairly weakned? WTH are you talking about?
Old April 3, 2011, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Uhh...this team is a whole lot weaker than the one we had faced here before. Duh.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Are you following Aussie cricket?
Old April 3, 2011, 09:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Ohh I thought you were talking about the strength of the squad they're sending. I stand corrected.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Now that i think about it, this Aussie team is easily the weakest one in the last 15-20 years.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:46 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

why is this kind of thread allowed to be opened?

please open thread that makes sence.

not fantasy cricket threads please. mods should do something about this!!!
Old April 3, 2011, 09:47 AM
Banned

Daydream at you own risk. don't blame players or coaches afterwards.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:49 AM
First Class Cricketer

I do not want to be rude. But it is for fans like this that 58 and 78 are required - to bring them down to earth. Alas, it seems even those two scores are not "good" enough.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleonIV
I do not want to be rude. But it is for fans like this that 58 and 78 are required - to bring them down to earth. Alas, it seems even those two scores are not "good" enough.
I agree with you 100%

real fans are realistic and they know what bangladesh are.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:54 AM
Cricket Sage

It doesn't hurt to dream big. For those of you that don't know someone opened up a thread in BC 1 month before the NZ series saying we can be very close to being number 8 in the ranking table if we can whitewash NZ. Everybody including myself thought that guy was crazy, but guess what it turned out he wasn't. I see nothing wrong with what he said, he wants to dream big let him. You don't agree with that good for you, but don't tell him to stop dreaming, that's not up for you to decide.
Old April 3, 2011, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
It doesn't hurt to dream big. For those of you that don't know someone opened up a thread in BC 1 month before the NZ series saying we can be very close to being number 8 in the ranking table if we can whitewash NZ. Everybody including myself thought that guy was crazy, but guess what it turned out he wasn't. I see nothing wrong with what he said, he wants to dream big let him. You don't agree with that good for you, but don't tell him to stop dreaming, that's not up for you to decide.
Brother the is something called LUCK and we beat them By LUCK!!!

so stop using the new zealand whitewash to say bangladesh are better and great.
Old April 3, 2011, 10:00 AM
Administrator

4-0 is as much luck as 58 and 78. Now waiting to see jashan83 join in the chorus.
Old April 3, 2011, 10:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i am not expecting a banglawash or anything,but definitely one victory agaist australia atleast.preferably the one i will go to see
Old April 3, 2011, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
i am not expecting a banglawash or anything,but definitely one victory agaist australia atleast.preferably the one i will go to see
Which one? I'll try to make it happen.

More seriously, the difference between now and 3 years ago is that we can contemplate a possible win against the Aussies (no not a Banglawash, but a win, even a solitary win) as opposed to the days we were happy to just turn up and wondering about avoiding a 10 wicket loss.
Old April 3, 2011, 10:09 AM
Banned

to be realistic, i do not want to see any wins but i want to see improvements,

i want to see atleast the top 4 batsmen making a half century or a century in the 3 ODI.

I want the team to reach 200 to 220 in the three ODI.

Atleast mashrafi should start getting his form back by taking few wickets!!!

my greatest player mashrafi!!! lets go!!!

Want to see the middle order making some runs.
Old April 3, 2011, 10:10 AM
Cricket Legend

If BD wants to show improvement then they have to do things that have never been achieved before. Things like series win against Big 8 teams consistently. So i don't see whats wrong with this thread?
Its not like we are asking for a 35 match world cup winning streak

Of course the haters will just swarm to this thread to remind everyone how much BD cricket sucks. That seems their only objective when coming and posting in this forum.
Old April 3, 2011, 10:11 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
I beg to disagree. It does hurt to dream big to certain extent. Our players are NOT mature enough to handle the press yet. They read and get affected by what gets written in the media and so on. For example, after the Ireland match, one of our batsmen complained to the media that he was not given enough praise for his 30+ score. Similarly over-hyping also creates pressure. Is it our player's fault that they cannot handle the pressure? Absolutely. But then again, it is not a responsible act on our part to create such hype when we know our players cannot handle it.

There is nothing wrong with dreaming big. But we have to keep things in perspective. Even when Australia was in supreme form, they did not talk about whitewash from the onset. The first goal is to win the series. In fact, the first goal is to win the first match. Then we can take it from there. When you dream for a whitewash, then you lose one match and suddenly you have "failed" to reach your goal. Where as, if we target series win, then the goal is truely alive even if we get defeated in one match.

Also, as a fan, we always look at shortcut. We just want to win and kind of become a s super power overnight. What is more needed is a sustained upward curve. Look at the NZ whitewash. We did not bat great in a single match. But the whitewash didn't let us realize the mistake much and see what happened in the world cup. Against Aus, we do want to win. But what is more important is that an improved and more matured batting performance from our batsmen. With our current cricket system, we will go NOWHERE. We do not have a good first-class system yet. Instead of winning here and there, we need to improve our system as a whole. Occasional successes in fact hurt us in the long run by preventing us from having a realistic look at our weaknesses that need to be addressed NOW.
Old April 3, 2011, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib 420
to be realistic, i do not want to see any wins but i want to see improvements,

i want to see atleast the top 4 batsmen making a half century or a century in the 3 ODI.

I want the team to reach 200 to 220 in the three ODI.

Atleast mashrafi should start getting his form back by taking few wickets!!!

my greatest player mashrafi!!! lets go!!!

Want to see the middle order making some runs.
I want to see the last one too. Our recent wins have mostly been by dint of our bowling and fielding.
Old April 3, 2011, 10:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
If BD wants to show improvement then they have to do things that have never been achieved before. Things like series win against Big 8 teams consistently. So i don't see whats wrong with this thread?
Its not like we are asking for a 35 match world cup winning streak

Of course the haters will just swarm to this thread to remind everyone how much BD cricket sucks. That seems their only objective when coming and posting in this forum.
making 200-220 runs consistently is not a improvement according to you?

the top 4 and middle order making century or half century is not improvement?

we dont need to win but rather show that we are capable of fighting!!!

we can start talking about wins after 1 or 2 years time, but first let us put some runs on the board
Old April 3, 2011, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib 420
making 200-220 runs consistently is not a improvement according to you?

the top 4 and middle order making century or half century is not improvement?

we dont need to win but rather show that we are capable of fighting!!!

we can start talking about wins after 1 or 2 years time, but first let us put some runs on the board
That would have been satisfactory 10 years ago, now we really have to target few wins against the bottom 5 teams of world cricket, and Australia's one of them now IMO. We did beat NZ 4-0 dont forget. And WI have not been touring us for last 9 years.
Old April 3, 2011, 10:26 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
That would have been satisfactory 10 years ago,
Quote:
now we really have to target few wins against the bottom 5 teams of world cricket, and Australia's one of them now IMO. We did beat NZ dont forget.
Well, we have rarely achieved the first goal in last 10 years. Unless we consistently, achieve that goal, moving on to the next goal is unrealistic. That is why the series win again NZ was so harmful. It gave us the false belief that we can shortcut our way to goal 2 without ever really reaching goal 1.
Old April 3, 2011, 10:28 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

I EXPECT us to win one game in this series.

I HOPE we can win a second one and win the series. However, chances of a series win is a low 20%.

Chances of us acheiving a whitewash: about 3%.

You can dream, but do not be too disappointed if there is a whitewash handed to us by the Aussies. Chances of that: 30%. @Zunaed bhai, if we played Australia around 2004, I'd have said chances of getting whitewashed: 95%. So we have improved leaps and bounds.

@Thread opener, AhmedN, great to see a lot of enthusiasm bro. But I hope you do realise that this team is still 5 times stronger than New Zealand. So beating them 3-0 would be a HUGE achievement and is near mission impossible. But I'd beover the moon if it happens.

@Habib420, we beat New Zealand 4-0. If you think you can beat a team 4 times without getting beaten once by LUCK, you clearly do not understand cricket. In fact, I doubt you ever played in a proper cricket team. Beating any team in the same league 4-0 is very hard, let alone someone a notch above you. What they did was believe in themselves, and that is why they could do it. Unfortunately they peaked too early, for otherwise we could have had a 4th win against West Indies in that match. (I say this fully aware of what they scored.) Do you not remember, Habib420, that it was the same New Zealand that was at the World Cup semi-final this week? And that was ahead of Australia, South Africa, England and West Indies (pfft). Yes, that's right. We whitewashed a team that 3 months later went on to beat one of the real Championship contenders (SA) and played in the semi-final. When was the last time Pakistan or West Indies whitewashed New Zealand in a 5 match series?

Having said that, we cannot bask in the gloryof 4-0 for a year, so would like our cricketers to target at least one win every series, and a reasonable percentage of series wins against other sides ranked above us.
Old April 3, 2011, 10:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoleonIV
Well, we have rarely achieved the first goal in last 10 years. Unless we consistently, achieve that goal, moving on to the next goal is unrealistic. That is why the series win again NZ was so harmful. It gave us the false belief that we can shortcut our way to goal 2 without ever really reaching goal 1.
We have scored 200+ many times before
Old April 3, 2011, 10:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I will be happy with one win & signs of improvement & consistency.