facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 10, 2005, 12:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal
Default report of the first wonderfull days play in England

BBC
Omar kick-starts Bangladesh tour
Tour match, Fenner's, day one of three (stumps): Bangladesh 238-3 v British Universities
Full scorecard

Javed Omar
Omar is one of the senior members of the squad
Opener Javed Omar struck a superb ton as Bangladesh's England tour got off to a fine start in a rain-delayed contest with British Universities at Fenner's.

Omar steered the tourists to 238-3 at stumps with an unbeaten on 111, putting on 139 unbroken runs with Mohammad Ashraful (87) for the fourth wicket.

They blazed 147 runs in the evening after rain prevented play before lunch.

Matthew Friedlander (2-37) struck twice as Bangladesh lost three wickets for 25 runs after losing the toss.

Omar and Nafees Iqbal put on 74 for the first wicket before Iqbal fell lbw to a swinging delivery from Sussex bowler Glen Read.

Shahriar Nafees was then caught at slip off South African Friedlander for a duck, and skipper Habibul Bashar was soon on his way for eight when edging behind.

It was all Banglaesh from that point on, Omar reaching fifty with a magnificent on-driven four and striking 18 boundaries in all.

Ashraful was no less impressive, the right-hander hitting the fence 16 times in his 117-ball knock.

Bangladesh, who begin the first Test at Lord's on 26 May, are playing their first series since beating Zimbabwe at home in January.

It saw their first ever Test match victory and the first time they have won a one-day series.

And coach Dav Whatmore was upbeat despite Zimbabwe's current lowly status.

"We're very keen to show progress after a history-making month," he said.

"It was [against] Zimbabwe but the pressure was harder than we've had in the past.

"The first Test we won very well, the second we were really under pressure and had to bat for 150 overs to save the Test, which we did very well - that's almost better than a victory."

After this match, Whatmore's side have three-day games against Sussex and Northants to prepare for back-to-back Tests at Lord's and Chester-le-Street.

Edited on, May 10, 2005, 6:07 PM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: Please insert the source and relevant link

Old May 10, 2005, 01:01 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

thanks

Whats the source?

Sham, who also watched the match live should be providing us with a match report as well.
Old May 10, 2005, 01:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

thanks
Old May 10, 2005, 01:17 PM
Retired BC Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
Whats the source?
The news link has been on our front page for almost two hours now
Old May 10, 2005, 01:19 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
erokom bhalo akta khobor bbc te porteo kintu bhalo lage. shob shomoy building dhoshe porar khobor bbcte porte ar bhalo lage na. dhannabad.
Old May 10, 2005, 01:26 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

wel... BD matches start again after so long time!!!
And its a good start as well!

It's also good to see the forum filled with so many 'Cricket-Threads' after so long!
Old May 10, 2005, 01:33 PM
Cricket Legend

thiki bolechen,
ashraful ebong javed jemon ajke bhashalen run diye temne ajke kintu amra memberra ai forumtike bhashalm post diye. ebong tader run ar upori kintu nirbhor kore amader post. tara run korte parle kingba bhalo khella amra ekhane lekhar utshaho peye thaki. dhannabad.
Old May 10, 2005, 01:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Javed Omar proving the odds.
Old May 10, 2005, 01:43 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Who wants Shariar Nafees to play in the official tests ? I don't think anyone will want him after his silver duck on the crease . Javed needs to do good as he knows his career is hanging if he fails then Shariar will come . He is not gonna make the way for him anyway . Javed is one of the 5 most defensive player in the world .
Old May 10, 2005, 01:43 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by Logen
Javed Omar proving the odds.

Yea! javed excelled when his back is on the wall for this series. And thats why we need more competition in each position. I liked when they added one more opener and I liked more when they added one more wicket keeper.

These kind of competition always bring good news for the team one way or another.
Old May 10, 2005, 01:45 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

I wanna see the picture of Javed's 100 and also tommorrow Ashraful will get that 100 InshaAllah . We need the picture . Has anyone got the pictures ?
Old May 10, 2005, 02:28 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally posted by Bangla amar Maa
Who wants Shariar Nafees to play in the official tests ? I don't think anyone will want him after his silver duck on the crease . Javed needs to do good as he knows his career is hanging if he fails then Shariar will come . He is not gonna make the way for him anyway . Javed is one of the 5 most defensive player in the world .
I am not a Shahriar fan yet. However, I will say this...

Don't under estimate Shahriar Nafis. This kid was not taken in the U-19 squad, scored a century against the soon to be champion India in practice match. Recently again scored a century against Zimbabwe nationla team in practice match in dhaka. It is just a matter of time before he starts dominating the national team.

We still have 2 and a half practice matches before the test. Thats 5 full innings. Lets wait and see.
Old May 10, 2005, 02:33 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

I agree with ya rajputra bhai but Javed is doing great already and i hope he has got the ability to pass 200 by tommorrow if he bats all day , after all these ya think who ya gonna choose for the tests and also those 3 days matches can't have 5 innings full caz few of them would be draw ........ he might get 2 more innings if he's lucky though but we can try him later for sure .

Edited on, May 10, 2005, 7:37 PM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old May 10, 2005, 05:14 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

People are reacting like primary school kids here, One innings against a club standard team, means nothing with respect to if he will be able deliver the goods against a test team.

Nafees Ahmed, needs many chances to prove himself. I clearlly emember Atapatu Scoring loadfs of ducks in his first 4 or 5 test matches, look at him now...One of the best.

Think before you post........rather than...Post before you think!!
Old May 10, 2005, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks Musholini. I think the Zimbabwen attacks Nafees Ahmed played successfully were lot better than BU toothless (look at their strike rates) medium fast bowlers. Hopefully, he just needs some time to adapt to the pressure of playing for the national team.

I am not disrespecting or judging anyone's form, we should not do that at least until BD plays Sussex.
Old May 11, 2005, 12:14 AM
Test Cricketer

dont count off javed omar yet, too bad for shariar nafees and others who wants to replace him but i think this guy still have alot left in him.
Old May 11, 2005, 07:07 PM
Cricket Legend

as many javed fans are here, they may not like my comments. i think javed is just good against weak attacks. when he faces better bowlers they soon find out his weaknesses. but as we are not sure about other two openers how they will perform, i think the best strategy would be to play them in all practice games and check who suits better with conditions. so far javed is ahead than other two, lets wait for next games.
Old May 11, 2005, 07:14 PM
Cricket Legend

hopefully javed will still be ahead of the other two after the practice matches. i still think javed should be played in the lords. because he is in the team for a long time. and he knows his duty very well. he is experienced to play under pressure. and as he has been playing the team for a long time we should include him in the lords test team as a reward.
because we know in the past we didnt do this to nannu. i know thats already history. but its still sad that even after serving the team for such a long time and even after being one of the greatest players of the country we never included him in the team. i know we needed to included young people at that time. but making him play in one of the matches wouldnt have hurt the team too much. so this is why i think that just as a reward javed should be in the team. abir just came into the team. and this is hist first tour. i dont see rushing him to lords right now. he can surely play in lords but thats in our next tour.
Old May 12, 2005, 12:03 AM
Cricket Legend

I felt very bad that a Bangladeshi attacked Javed so personally. Even if he fails terribly in both tests, he deserves lot more respect for all the services he done for our team.