facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 7, 2011, 11:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones
Default BC to show support in national dailies/media - Help!!

Hello fellow BC members,
BC (thanks to Z bhai’s idea) has already done a tremendous job of showing the other side of Bangladeshi fans by sending flowers to WI and our team and apologizing for the bad behavior showing by the few. I could not actively participate in it as I stayed away from BC after seeing all the nasty comments and threads by some BC members right after the WI game. But I kept thinking about the need of doing something for our team where I, along with who ever is willing, to actively show our support. So I sent the following message to Zunaid bhai.

Please read the message below and let us know if you guys are willing to join the movement……..

Quote:
Love your idea! Please go for it -

Quote:

Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Zunaid
Administrator
Boss

Re: Support for our team

Love your idea! Please go for it -
Quote:
Originally Posted by betaar
Hello Zunaid bhai, I have been thinking of openning a thread but I thought I should contact you first. I was thinking how can we, BC members, show our support for our team during this bad time, possibly as bad as losing to Canada in 2003? So I thought why can't we show our support by putting out few ads on few dailies in Bangladesh saying, "We still believe - Bangla Crickt"? Not sure how much it would cost to show the video made by Sidrat but if we can afford it, I am sure it be worth ever penny and who knows may be another sponsor would pick up from where we leave off. Not only it will be a good platform for BC to let it's name recognized but Maverick Production could also be benefitted from it.

I know it will cost money, so I am willing to pledge donations and I am sure if you open a thread, there will be a lot of us who is willing to help out. I am willing to pledge $___ for this as I believe this is the only way I can indirectly motivate our beloved team. We are at a crucial juncture of this WC and I, for one, is in no way willing to let QF slip our hands.

Anyways, let me know what you think of this initiative. We definitely need to move fast. May be Isam can help us getting in touch with DS and other dailies. Thanks.

Please note: I deleted the amount......but you guys are more than welcome to pledge a donation amount in your message in this thread. We still need to figure out the logistics and we will need a lot of help from you. Thanks.

Last edited by betaar; March 9, 2011 at 02:23 PM..

Old March 7, 2011, 11:22 AM
Cricket Legend

I like. Not a bad idea at all.

It would be helpful if we knew the total cost of the ad campaign. I would make my contribution accordingly.
Old March 7, 2011, 11:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
I like. Not a bad idea at all.

It would be helpful if we knew the total cost of the ad campaign. I would make my contribution accordingly.
Yes, that's why we need help from people who are in Bangladesh and can contact private TV channels and dailies to get an idea how much it would cost. I think we should also see if they will provide some discount since we are showing support for our national team.

I will contact Sidrat and see if Maverick is willing to share their inspirational video if we can afford the cost to show it on TV?
Old March 7, 2011, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Can someone estimate the cost for a 1/4 page ad say on PA or DS or 1 minute on a TV channel. Let's set a target goal, end date and work towards that.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old March 7, 2011, 11:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Can someone estimate the cost for a 1/4 page ad say on PA or DS or 1 minute on a TV channel. Let's set a target goal, end date and work towards that.

I already sent messages to other BC admins, Mahmood, Tehsin and Nasif regarding their input on BC logistics. I also sent a message to Sidratt and waiting for his response in sharing the video on TV. Hope to hear from them soon.
Old March 7, 2011, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Isaam from DS - over here.

Old March 7, 2011, 12:19 PM
Street Cricketer

Hi guys!

I think this is a great initiative! Please understand that although we made this video, we very much want all Bangladesh cricket fans to feel like its theirs. So, as long as it's used in that context (showing support for the national team), we have absolutely no problems with it being shown anywhere and everywhere!

On our end, we (Maverick Studios) have emailed all the private TV channels here in BD (the ones who had websites and email addresses, that is) asking them if they would be interested to air our video. Unfortunately we haven't received a single reply as of yet. We've also been looking for upper-management type contacts in those TV channels who might be able to pull a few strings and make the process go quicker, but unfortunately we haven't been able to get a hold of any such individuals.

On a slightly different but similar-minded note, we too have come to the realization that something needs to be done to raise the spirits of the team and the fans. To that end, we've decided to take the spirit of the "Never Stop Believing" video and use it to get fans directly involved! (I'll be posting about our idea in detail in a dedicated topic soon)
Old March 7, 2011, 12:23 PM

Paying for airtime is gonna be extremely expensive. I would think the best way would be to get a print ad slot on Prothom-alo, dstar and similar high-circulation newspapers. The Friday paper rates will be higher than for Thursday though.
Old March 7, 2011, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidratt
Hi guys!

I think this is a great initiative! Please understand that although we made this video, we very much want all Bangladesh cricket fans to feel like its theirs. So, as long as it's used in that context (showing support for the national team), we have absolutely no problems with it being shown anywhere and everywhere!

On our end, we (Maverick Studios) have emailed all the private TV channels here in BD (the ones who had websites and email addresses, that is) asking them if they would be interested to air our video. Unfortunately we haven't received a single reply as of yet. We've also been looking for upper-management type contacts in those TV channels who might be able to pull a few strings and make the process go quicker, but unfortunately we haven't been able to get a hold of any such individuals.

On a slightly different but similar-minded note, we too have come to the realization that something needs to be done to raise the spirits of the team and the fans. To that end, we've decided to take the spirit of the "Never Stop Believing" video and use it to get fans directly involved! (I'll be posting about our idea in detail in a dedicated topic soon)
Sidratt, great idea. Unfortunately isn't that the way of life in our country? Nothing good comes out of it easily.

Question for you? Did you guys ask the TV channels to run it for free or were you willing to pay for it? I don't think any TV channel will be willing to run it for free which is why we need to pay for it but I was hoping may be at a discounted rate. I have no idea how much a TV comm. runs these days as I have been living abroad for the last 16 years. So we need to find that fairly soon.

But we need your help in shortenning the video. Can you or Maverick shorten the video into less than a min or a min max without losing the message so we can actually afford it? Thanks for your help bro.
Old March 7, 2011, 12:48 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

I would love to contribute. I will wait for further updates.
Old March 7, 2011, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Guys, I know monetarily a lot of us will be willing to help out but what we need now is information. So we need BC members with access to that info to come forward so we can complete the first phase which is estimation. We can then push to generate that amount to move forward.....time is of essence and we really need to move on this before our next 2 games this weekend.
Old March 7, 2011, 12:56 PM
Cricket Legend

For Reference:

http://www.prothom-alo.com/ad-rate
Old March 7, 2011, 01:03 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

great initiative. this will also be a huge publicity for BC.
Old March 7, 2011, 01:24 PM
Cricket Legend

First we need to form a committee. I think it should be headed by Z bhai and other BC admins for the sake of financial transparency. I think Z bhai should form the committee based on the responsibilities they carry out behind the scene in BC.

I am willing to be in the committee with any help that I can provide other than being in charge of finances. If anyone else can provide any other expertise and/or bring other ideas to this initiative, please feel free.

Here’s a quick outline of how this initiative should proceed. Please provide your feedback or add/edit as you see fit.

Phase One

Goal: Cost estimation for both TV ad and Newspaper ad.

Needs: We need to know who can call around in different TV channels and Newspapers (such as PA, DS, or any other leading dailies in Bangladesh).

Phase Two

Goal: Collection of donations,

Needs:
- Need to set up an actual financial logistical plan such as where and how to make donations.
- Actual monetary help form every nook and cranny

Phase Three

Goal: Communication with the media and finalize paperwork

Need:
- A point of contact, preferably a BC admin, to work as a liaison with who ever the contact may be in Dhaka to represent BC with our media of choice.
- Straighten out all financial details and provide feedback to BC committee.

Last edited by betaar; March 7, 2011 at 01:33 PM..
Old March 7, 2011, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Paying for airtime is gonna be extremely expensive. I would think the best way would be to get a print ad slot on Prothom-alo, dstar and similar high-circulation newspapers. The Friday paper rates will be higher than for Thursday though.
Can you please make this a sticky? Thanks.
Old March 7, 2011, 01:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
For Reference:

http://www.prothom-alo.com/ad-rate
Not seeing the rates anywhere, am I missing something? Could just list the rates here? Thanks man.
Old March 7, 2011, 01:35 PM
Street Cricketer

Great idea!! I am willing to contribute. Please let me know when & how.
Old March 7, 2011, 02:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Not seeing the rates anywhere, am I missing something? Could just list the rates here? Thanks man.
Click on Print or Online Edition for the respective rates (International Client part has the rates in US dollars):

1. Tariff For Local Client - Print Edition Online Edition

2. Tariff For International Client- Print Edition Online Edition

but Anyway:

Old March 7, 2011, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Great job ialbd. Front page is around Tk. 1,70,000 for a minimum of 12 inch color. Which is pretty expensive unless we can generate some massive dough from everyone. But we can also have the sports page in mind since it will cost Tk.60,000 only for the same size add. I personally think Sports Page should be good enough in any dailies. People who don't go to the Sports Page may not be interested in what we have to say any way.

Daily Star rates seem to be pretty stiff too. http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...ise-print.html
But they don't list their sports page rate, so I am going to call them tonight.
Old March 7, 2011, 02:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Good Idea.
Old March 7, 2011, 03:00 PM

Good idea betaar bhai. If we want to do it, we have to act fast. And I will be glad if I could make a contribution to implement the idea.
Old March 7, 2011, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Thanks guys but I am not seeing that much turn out in this thread. A thread with Ash's name on it gets about 60 hits per hour, but this one so far only got 21 (out of which 10 is probably mine) in last couple hours.

We need to collect at least $2000 to have 2 ads on 2 news paper, not sure of we will be able to collect it by the end of the day Wednesday so we can get those ads out on Friday's eddition.

I haven't heard anything back fron the BC admins other than Z bhai, so I need everyone on board with the this initiative to get it materialized. I myself don't have that much time to invest either, so can't really complain if others don't.
Old March 7, 2011, 03:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
We need to collect at least $2000 to have 2 ads on 2 news paper, not sure of we will be able to collect it by the end of the day Wednesday so we can get those ads out on Friday's eddition.
collecting $2000 by wednesday just from BC might be tough (and given how apathetic half the fans have become since last Friday, its a challenge).

Nonetheless, I am certainly in with my humble contribution.... thanks.
Old March 7, 2011, 03:17 PM
Cricket Legend

I can chip in with $200...that's 10% of your target, betaar. Hopefully, others will be game.
Old March 7, 2011, 03:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
collecting $2000 by wednesday just from BC might be tough (and given how apathetic half the fans have become since last Friday, its a challenge).

Nonetheless, I am certainly in with my humble contribution.... thanks.
I totally agree and that's why I am a little bummed out. But no contribution is humble.....it's the willingness that counts.