facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 16, 2018, 04:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Ashraful
Default Sabbir embarrassment.

https://youtu.be/PIVsdpopIHM

This is the kind of joke he has become.

Old September 16, 2018, 05:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Yeah, ok, but I put myself in Sabbir's shoes, and I would not want my ODI captain to be gossiping like this about me. This is taking the Rahim route. Expected more from Mashrafe.
Old September 16, 2018, 06:07 PM
2019 WC Ranking Predictor Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Yeah, ok, but I put myself in Sabbir's shoes, and I would not want my ODI captain to be gossiping like this about me. This is taking the Rahim route. Expected more from Mashrafe.
Can't agree more. Even though I'm not a fan of Shabbir, I expected better from Mashrafe.
Old September 16, 2018, 06:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

It got caught in audio but give him a break. he didn't mention anything in public. All he said is what the reason was for suspension. These are normal conversations in a group. People talk and laugh about each other - even friends, specially friends.

It would be abnormal if the team mates at some point didnt talk about sunny, rubel, nasir and had a laugh about it.
Old September 16, 2018, 06:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
He didn't disclose anything outside of public knowledge. They asked him what happened and how many months of suspension. If anything, Rohit could have gone to Cricinfo and read the same exact thing mash said. This is far away from gossip
Old September 16, 2018, 10:09 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Masrafi, Shakib, Tamim

I am also embarrassed to see our captain is speaking Urdu.
Old September 16, 2018, 11:00 PM
Club Cricketer

I'm on the same boat as Angelo Matthews , didn't understand a word of their convo that wasn't in the Queens. Darn.

Cheers,
Siraj
Old September 16, 2018, 11:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Terrible from Mash. You dont diss your teammates like that with other captains. Where is all that leadership qualities gone? He goes onto explain the whole fan hitting incident to both the other captains.

Immature stuff and Mash was the last person you would expect this from.
Old September 16, 2018, 11:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

This is hilarious. Looks like 3 aunties gossiping over tea.
Old September 17, 2018, 12:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
Y'all should really chill. What's wrong with him speaking in Hindi/ Urdu or even Somali? He wasn't speaking on behalf of Bangladesh to the journalists on a press conference. In fact I'm impressed that he can speak in Hindi so fluently, I'm no where near that good.

Quote:
All Mash said was "He has anger management issues, he is just a kid." What part of that Sabbir should find embarrassing? I mean we know this for a fact already, Sarfraz could have just Googled it. Mash handled the situation professionally. He did not say "Shabbir is a complete w*nker, he beat a kid who mocked him."

I'm proud of our captain, he is a true leader.
Old September 17, 2018, 12:27 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Terrible from Mash. You dont diss your teammates like that with other captains. Where is all that leadership qualities gone? He goes onto explain the whole fan hitting incident to both the other captains.

Immature stuff and Mash was the last person you would expect this from.
What the hell should have Mash said? "Shabbir is a great bloke. He was suspended for a tiny misunderstanding. He'll be back." I don't see how he was being dissed, the guy would be facing assault charges if he was in the UK.

All that he said was already public knowledge FFS. It's basic courtesy to answer a question instead of ignoring it. He did the right thing. Perhaps cynicism and negativity is a Bangladeshi thing, reading all the comments of this thread.
Old September 17, 2018, 12:56 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejkuni
He wasn't speaking Urdu.
+++
Good to see our captain is tri-Lingual.
Old September 17, 2018, 01:00 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

This was a private conversation, off the air stuff, between captains. Mash explained on a question as nicely as possible. Nothing to see here actually.
Old September 17, 2018, 01:30 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon4567
What the hell should have Mash said? "Shabbir is a great bloke. He was suspended for a tiny misunderstanding. He'll be back." I don't see how he was being dissed, the guy would be facing assault charges if he was in the UK.

All that he said was already public knowledge FFS. It's basic courtesy to answer a question instead of ignoring it. He did the right thing. Perhaps cynicism and negativity is a Bangladeshi thing, reading all the comments of this thread.
Sarfaraz's question was "what happend to Shabbir" to which Mash replied " suspended". That should have been the end of the convo IMO.

To go one step further and explain the whole thing in a derogatory manner was uncalled for- and least of all from Mash (captain, leader, legend) who at some point in the future may need Shabbirs services in the team.

Would you be happy if your Manager disses about you to your competitor company managers for the mistakes you have done at work? I wouldnt.
Old September 17, 2018, 01:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Sarfaraz's question was "what happend to Shabbir" to which Mash replied " suspended". That should have been the end of the convo IMO.
Bhai holier than though kotha barta ektu kom bolen. Shabbir has a severe character problem. Mashrafee doesn't need to protect sabbirs character even if he has to work with him in future. For me, some of these character issues should bar him from playing for national team altogether. He did not make anything up.

Quote:
Would you be happy if your Manager disses about you to your competitor company managers for the mistakes you have done at work? I wouldnt.
what kind of analogy is this? Is sabbirs going to play for Pakistan?? Please take him.. he fits there well.
Old September 17, 2018, 01:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Just hear yourselves all of you. You are crucifying Mashrafee for something sabbir did. LOL. Perspective. Mashrafee didn't beat up any kids. Sabbir is a repeated offender. Prior to his suspension he had multiple disciplinary marks against him with pretty high monetary penalty for Bangladeshi players. Nothing stopped that.

I used to like sabbirs attitude on the field against opposition. But it's only appealing if i know he is able to control what he is doing and not a nutcase... he acts like that with everyone - worse with ppl of his own. that's not good.
Old September 17, 2018, 01:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

From my experience with Pakistanis and their mean minded mentality , Sarfaraz might have asked knowing the answer to his question.

See his uncontrollable laughter.
Old September 17, 2018, 02:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

This was awkwardly funny.
3 bhabis gossiping , " bhabi , oi cheletar ki holo? ", " aar boilenna bhabi, pagol ekta cheley, shedin ki korechey janen? "
Old September 17, 2018, 02:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
This was awkwardly funny.
3 bhabis gossiping , " bhabi , oi cheletar ki holo? ", " aar boilenna bhabi, pagol ekta cheley, shedin ki korechey janen? "
But everyone is angry here cuz the bhabi answering why the kid is in trouble, is her own nephew.
Old September 17, 2018, 02:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
But everyone is angry here cuz the bhabi answering why the kid is in trouble, is her own nephew.
Hehe
Background music " iye larka hey dewana hey dewana"
Old September 17, 2018, 03:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Surprised to see dubbing that good in a video.
Old September 17, 2018, 04:35 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Bhai holier than though kotha barta ektu kom bolen. Shabbir has a severe character problem. Mashrafee doesn't need to protect sabbirs character even if he has to work with him in future. For me, some of these character issues should bar him from playing for national team altogether. He did not make anything up.
Exactly. Sabbir has been repeatedly found guilty of issues regarding his conduct and Mashrafe shouldn't shield him. Sabbir should rather use his ban to fix that rather than have him encouraged by people shielding him.
Old September 20, 2018, 08:42 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Just hear yourselves all of you. You are crucifying Mashrafee for something sabbir did. LOL. Perspective. Mashrafee didn't beat up any kids. Sabbir is a repeated offender. Prior to his suspension he had multiple disciplinary marks against him with pretty high monetary penalty for Bangladeshi players. Nothing stopped that.

I used to like sabbirs attitude on the field against opposition. But it's only appealing if i know he is able to control what he is doing and not a nutcase... he acts like that with everyone - worse with ppl of his own. that's not good.
Called a spade a spade .
Beating up a kid, yep that's some feat. PC bleeding heart defence is not going anywhere, the captain just stated the facts.

Cheers,
Siraj
Old September 21, 2018, 06:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Sarfaraz knew very well the answer(S) before asking

I said answers because he asked about Rubel as well and whether he has married or not.

I am not too irked by our captains comments but he volunteered a bit too much with a "what to do, they did this and that"vibe.

Particularly as Sarfaraz kept an outwardly stoic appearance and avoided mentioning anything about his own players.

If I was Mashrafee I would added in a bit of a joke about Imad Wasim as well....
Old September 21, 2018, 07:15 AM
Street Cricketer

He is a good talanted cricketer and promising batsman. I personally hope he gets a chance. Talent comes with certain amount of eccentricity and we need to be patient..