facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 26, 2006, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Default New front page article: A BanglaCricket Exclusive on The Mirpur Stadium

BanglaCricket Exclusive
The Mirpur Stadium
Masum Billah
Mirpur Stadium is being called “THE NEW HOME OF BANGLADESH CRICKET”. Fans are curious about what’s cooking at this facility. Many cricket fans did not like losing the BNS to “Phootboll”. The question “Meerpoor keno jabo amra?”(why do we have to move to Mirpur) is heard daily in the cricketing arena.

Read article »

Old September 26, 2006, 11:10 AM
Cricket Legend

জুনায়েদ ভাই এবং মাসুম ভাই (আমি তাকে বিল্লাহ ভাই বলেই ডাকি ও চিনি!) কে অশেষ ধন্যবাদ এই চমৎকার কলামটি উপস্থাপন করার জন্য। মিরপুর স্টেডিয়ামের সম্বন্ধে কিছু জানার ইচ্ছা অনেকদিন থেকেই ছিল। যদি প্রস্তাবনা অনুসারে এই স্টেডিয়ামটি দাড়াতে পারে তাহলে আমার মনে হয় এটাই হতে যাচ্ছে এই উপমহাদেশের সবচেয়ে সুন্দর এবং সেরা স্টেডিয়াম।

গৌরবান্বিত হবে আমাদের শহর
এখন শুধুই অপেক্ষার প্রহর!

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old September 26, 2006, 11:14 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Wow! Billah bhai thanks for an amazing and insightful article! You got good contacts eh. It is one of the most insightful article I have read in BC in last 3 years.
Old September 26, 2006, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Don't thank me. I just made the post.

Billah is the man - tremendous work!

And Nasif who HTML-ised the thing.
Old September 26, 2006, 11:37 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

amazing writing. You should work for the newspaper. I wish all our prothom-alo and dailystar so called sports writier (others than two three) takes pointer from you how to write a non baised non political article with stats not like mentioning jodu said modu did that...

Great article you made my day and roja...I felt like i am also walking with you in the stadiuam and u asked the q that was in my mind...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old September 26, 2006, 12:15 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Thanks Billah for this enlightening article. I really like the information about the 'drainage system'.

All the 3d renditions are brilliant and the media centre looks really neat. I just hope the finished stadium will turn out that way, even though it will be a long wait.
Old September 26, 2006, 12:22 PM
Administrator

We didn't have room to put all the pictures in the article. Gander over to the picture section and enjoy
Old September 26, 2006, 12:47 PM
First Class Cricketer

Fantastic article, Big thanks to Billah bhai for his huge effort to bring all this information to light, great peice of research i have to say, and all the great pictures just topped it all of.

Btw are they gonna do the 2011WC opening ceremony in Bangladesh? if so they have to make this the stadium of dreams, something you can shake at any nation, and from looking at the plans, it seems like it will be.
Old September 26, 2006, 12:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

What an amazing piece of addition for BC. Simply awe-inspiring. Thanks a million to Billah for compiling up such a tremendous article.
Old September 26, 2006, 01:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Allah billah bhaire baja rakhuk! phata phati article.
Old September 26, 2006, 01:16 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Wow. Billah vai, a master piece.
Old September 26, 2006, 01:34 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Thank you so very much Billah Bhai for your article and indepth analysis. One thing that really bothers me is that the no time limit for this massive project. For any project there has to be a budget and a time table. The longer each section takes the the more the project is delayed. Obviously with the transparancy issues, I can understand the full control of the funds by the NSC, however it baffles me that NSC has an office on the site and can't start some other phases of the project. As Mr. Masud Khan has said that they could work on several packages side by side. I recongnize in a construction project, basic phases has to be completed before other phases can start, however, one can follow a critical path and start on some of the packages those are independant than others. Why am I harping on the several packages simultaneously? In one year, they completed one package and working one the next two. In five years at this rate they will finish 10 and work on 11 and 12, still 4 behind. Even 2011 don't look promising to me. Another issue that we will face in change of Govt (if it happens) in coming years. This may halt everything then. Planning is all fine and dandy, implementing the plan is what matters most. Wish the best of luck for all parties and will wait patiently as I have been advised.

Implementation means: Like Ash playing with merit of the ball, Masud rotating the strike, Shahadat mixing it up, Mash throwing real yorkers etc.
Old September 26, 2006, 01:37 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

wow this article alone makes BC way more unique than any other fan websites. Thanks Billah bhai. Awesome job.
Old September 26, 2006, 01:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Wow! what a fantastic article. Thanks billah bhai.
Old September 26, 2006, 01:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Awesome read Billah!... a genuine and solid effort to lay the Mirpur issue to rest.

As for the stadium- Personally, not really impressed with the design, especially the bland entrance. But i see the architects have tried their best.
Old September 26, 2006, 02:05 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
We didn't have room to put all the pictures in the article. Gander over to the picture section and enjoy
How about putting the link at the bottom of the article as additional pictures? Many people will miss out your post here.
Old September 26, 2006, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Thank you so very much Billah Bhai for your article and indepth analysis. One thing that really bothers me is that the no time limit for this massive project. For any project there has to be a budget and a time table. The longer each section takes the the more the project is delayed. Obviously with the transparancy issues, I can understand the full control of the funds by the NSC, however it baffles me that NSC has an office on the site and can't start some other phases of the project. As Mr. Masud Khan has said that they could work on several packages side by side. I recongnize in a construction project, basic phases has to be completed before other phases can start, however, one can follow a critical path and start on some of the packages those are independant than others. Why am I harping on the several packages simultaneously? In one year, they completed one package and working one the next two. In five years at this rate they will finish 10 and work on 11 and 12, still 4 behind. Even 2011 don't look promising to me. Another issue that we will face in change of Govt (if it happens) in coming years. This may halt everything then. Planning is all fine and dandy, implementing the plan is what matters most. Wish the best of luck for all parties and will wait patiently as I have been advised.

Implementation means: Like Ash playing with merit of the ball, Masud rotating the strike, Shahadat mixing it up, Mash throwing real yorkers etc.
প্রিয় ব্যাঘ্রচক্ষুঃ

Your appropriate comments caught my eye, a very important point about the critical path method. Here's what the Prothom Alo article said about Masud's input:

"এ ক্ষেত্রে কৃটিক্যাল প্যাথ মেথডে জরুরী বিষয়গুলোকে অগ্রাধিকার দেয়া হলে অনেক আগেই কাজ শেষ হয়ে যেত"

Actually, that is an incomplete quote (Masud was frustrated about ill-nformed reports in the media also). What Masud meant to say, that the most essential parts of the whole projects (all 16 packages)should have been done first, such as gallery chairs, electronic scoreboard, video screen(40 x 20 feet). Masud has actually submitted this priority based list to BCB. This is why he says he can work simultaneously on several packages. What BCB does with Masud's list, is determined by a lot of inside and outside factors.

As is, the grounds "MAY" be ready for the Zimbabwe series, may be with the old scoreboard and a partially done media center. I expect the interior work of the VIP area do be done fairly quickly.

Last edited by Zunaid; September 26, 2006 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Added Bangla tag
Old September 26, 2006, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubu
How about putting the link at the bottom of the article as additional pictures? Many people will miss out your post here.
Many people will miss a lot of things we at BC have to offer if they don't visit all the sections.
Old September 26, 2006, 02:32 PM
Cricket Sage

Looks like a great professional looking atricle. You just set the standard couple of notch up.

I plan read in 'thunda-matha' tonight after iftar. Beacuse now my thought process is hingly compromised... only thing I can think of is 'piazu, muri ar lebur shorbot'
Old September 26, 2006, 02:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

If Yoda read this article, he would've said "Fantastic read this article is".
Simply superb job and very unbiased writing which is only possible from a great fan of Bangladesh cricket. Thank you Mr. Billah.
Rabeed Imam watch out!!!
Old September 26, 2006, 03:27 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

One of the best I have ever seen related to Bangladesh Cricket.

Superb job Billah.
Old September 26, 2006, 03:43 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Good work Billah bhai.

Very well composed with all relevant information. I'll wait to see a follow up article after completion of Mirpur Stadium.
Old September 26, 2006, 03:48 PM
Cricket Legend

অতি সুন্দর লেখা। আর ছবিগুলোও এতো চমত্কার ধারাবাহিকতায় সাজানো ... কি বলবো!! এক কথায় অপূর্ব!

আহমেদ ইমতিয়াজ বুলবুলের মতো একটা কবিতা বলে প্রশংসা করতে ইচ্ছে করছে, কিন্তু বিল্লাহ যদি ক্ষেপে যায়, সেই ভয়ে ও পথ মাড়ালাম না ...

A job done very well!!!

Last edited by Zunaid; September 26, 2006 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Addad bangla tags
Old September 27, 2006, 12:26 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Great article Billah bhai. we all been anxiously waiting for some news on our beloved ground. nice to atleast know whats bn happening around that corner.

About the stadium:
Everything looks good to me,except couple of things.

1. Capacity: I hv always believed that Dhaka should have a stadium with atleast 70,000+ capacity. Ideally i'd go for 100,000. Its a city of 10+ million people and the popularity and demand for sports, esp cricket is sky high. The city deserves a stadium with a capacity of more than 50,000 atleast.

Every time there is a game on, you would find people are looking for tickets, scalpers demanding huge price and so on. Greater number of seats would also mean extra revenue for BCB and possibly, a cheaper price for general audience as the board can capitalise on the shere number.

2. Time frame: As raised earlier by Tigers_Eye, every project have a budget and a time frame. Surprising to see the statement " Mirpur stadium will be ready 100% for the 2011 WC". Does that tell us to get ourselves prepared mentally to see the renovated stadium no sooner before 2011?
Now, that would be a complete shame.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 27, 2006, 01:03 AM
Cricket Legend

One of the best article on bangladesh cricket, I have ever read. This should be send to TM to teach him how to write an article without bias. Utpol Suvro and our favourite RI should also read this. This article without any superfluios adjective give the reader the pleasure to walk around the stadia without physically there.

Thank You Billah Vai for a wonderful article