facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 13, 2003, 05:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default WI can create history today

WI need 47 more runs to win with 4 more wickets in hand still and a day more to go. If that happens, WI would create a world record for the highest succesful run chase. Chanderpaul and Sarwan hit centuries on the 4th Day to take WI to 371/6 at stumps.

Old May 13, 2003, 10:38 AM
Cricket Legend

And they did!!! YESSSSS!!!

Oh how I long to see that bastard waugh's rat-face right now! Fitting finale for his touring career in Windies. Beaten by a world-record breaking effort by Windies. Take that you two-face, devious, sledging bastard!
Old May 13, 2003, 11:45 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default 4th & 5th Test in a 5 match series

I think I have seen Australia lose the 4th Test and the 5th Test after a series is won by Australia. What is the result of this series so far?

Habibul fan, correct me if I wrong, but aren't Australia a little vulnerable in the 4th and the 5th test of any 5 match test series?
Old May 13, 2003, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah, that used to happen back in 1998-99. But that has nothing to do with this match though. They wanted to win this badly and sported their best team. It was a great match in all respect.
Old May 13, 2003, 05:06 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Talk about Dead Rubber Curse!!!

Well done WI. I loved the excitement.
Old May 13, 2003, 06:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Good job WI, after a long time I heard Australia lost a game or was it the Australians who allowed WI to win a match. It looks like if you have read Steve Waugh's interview quiet somdays ago in Cricinfo.
Old May 13, 2003, 10:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Default Actually

Australia loses Test matches after winning a series far too often. Just look at the last four Ashes series'. In 1997, Australia lost the sixth Test at the Oval after going 3-1 up after the 5th Test. In 1998-99, Australia lost the 4th Test after retaining the Ashes in the Third Test. In 2001 in England, Australia lost the 4th Test at Headingly after winning each of the first three by massive margins. And again this winter, Australia lost the 5th Test against England after thrashing the hell out of them in the first 4!

This was a great batting effort by WI, but Fahmida is right, Australia has to work on maintaining concentration after winning a series.
Old May 13, 2003, 11:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Habibul_fan, I have symphathy for you. I think that you must be feeling sad. Aussies aren't a 100% perfect team now. Infact, no team has ever been 100% perfect. The thing which your team has to work on is to try and clean sweep series. Your team tends to take it too easy after winning the series 3/4-0 with 1/2 tests to go.
Old May 16, 2003, 09:32 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default windies on the up!

In the last test., it was no dead rubber curse. Australia was fully motivated to create history..no team in the 75 years history of west indies has inflicted a white wash upon them. Moreover waugh would have broken the recond of highest no of test wins (previously Lloyd). So no shortage of motivation. What went wrong for them is that using the bullying strategy too much. You see how intense they were...you do not expect that much intensity from a team which is complacent. They were just dying to win this match and prepared to do anything for that purpose...no matter how unspotsmanlike that was. And thats why the world saw their ugly face a little bit more in this match. And that was their undoing... and the rest is history.
Old May 16, 2003, 09:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default FIRST ENGLAND NOW THE WINDIES

I want to see a cleansweep....if they had have won those 2 tests and infact the 3rd test against South Africa Australia would have like a 20test winning streak....maybe they'll lose the second test to BD?

NOOO the did what i wanted to in getting Chanderpaul but those damn tail-enders
Old May 17, 2003, 05:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Habibul_fan, Aussies can clean sweep 2 test and 3 test series. They can't clean sweep 4 test and 5 test series. Aus would beat BD 2-0, Zim 2-0 and Ind 3-1 this year.
Old May 17, 2003, 06:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

They can't win 3rd test in 3 test series

last 3 test series they've played

South Africa
Won 1st test
Won 2nd test
Lost 3rd test

England
Won 1st test (I was there for the first day of the series )
Won 2nd test
Won 3rd test
Won 4th test
Lost 5th test

Windies
Won 1st test
Won 2nd test
Won 3rd test
Lost 4th test
Old May 17, 2003, 06:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think what I said would come true. Habibul_fan, what do you think will happen in the Aus-Ind test series ? I think Aus would win it 3-1 losing the 4th Test and winning the first 3.
Old May 19, 2003, 05:50 AM
Club Cricketer

Default Ur replys -

Habibul_fan and Shahid - If the India - Australia series is a 4 test match series, then India will win it 4-0.

Shahid - The recoed should have been in India's name. In the 1st test match against England at Lords last year, India required 568 to win with over 5 sessions at hand. 568 was nothing given India's batting line up - Tendulkar, Laxman, Dravid, Ganguly, Sehwag. I think u will die if i tell u the full strengthof the Indian batting line-up. 568 was a realistically achievable target for India provided India had recently runned up totals of 657/7 v Aus, 501 v Aus, 570/7 v Zim and 513/9 v WI before going into that test. I don't know why India lost it.
Old May 19, 2003, 07:48 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Habibul_fan and Amit,

I am seeing a small fight between you 2 about the Ind-Aus series. Habibul_fan wants Aus to win it 4-0 and Amit wants Ind to win it 4-0. You never know what will happen on a given day. My prediction is Aus 3-1. Tell yours.
Old May 19, 2003, 07:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Amit,

Quote:
I think u will die if i tell u the full strengthof the Indian batting line-up.
What exactly is the full strength of India's batting. Your team couldn't even score a 250 in NZ. Also teams like Holland can bowl your team for 204. Even Kenya has beaten your team twice.

Even if you tell me Indian batting's full strength, I won't die.