facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 27, 2005, 11:50 PM
Test Cricketer

Default who do you think will be the next batsman to get a test cap (beside shariar nafees)

Old April 27, 2005, 11:55 PM
Test Cricketer

i left out shariar nafees because he would have been the obious choice. he is going to england with the team. also mushfikur rahim is a wicket keeper. so out of these guys above who do you think will get the next test cap.
shamsu rahman- has been playing for u-19 team for awhile now. has been consistance. got a very high rating from coach miccines.
roqibul hasan- is a good opener. has been playing for u-19 for awhile too.
golam rahman- opening batsman. not too much experience but done very well in NCL. the highest run scorer in the 4day version of this years NCL.
farhad reza- had a great NCL. highest run scorer in the oneday version for NCL. also was one of the top basman in the 4day version.
Old April 28, 2005, 12:14 AM
Club Cricketer

don't be too fast . This is not the time to choose noone can get the cap just like that . Let them play in the BD-A first and then a performance will give a national team cap . Now the time to grow them up the players we have now in national team all are young mind it . Ya give someone a cap but who ya take out lol ? Not for another 2 years .......... give them some times to improve their ability .
Old April 28, 2005, 12:17 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

i think another obvious is rajib. its pretty sure that he'll play at least one test. and you never know, depending on the practice matches, shahrier nafis mihgt not get a chance. so you should have included him in the poll as well.
Old April 28, 2005, 12:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by Desh Bangla
Ya give someone a cap but who ya take out lol ? Not for another 2 years .......... give them some times to improve their ability .
Maybe shaoun meant exactly that! who's the next batsman to get the test cap, be it in two years or five... nothing wrong in finding out the views of the forum-members...
Old April 28, 2005, 12:20 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSmith
i think another obvious is rajib. its pretty sure that he'll play at least one test. and you never know, depending on the practice matches, shahrier nafis mihgt not get a chance. so you should have included him in the poll as well.
the poll clearly says "who's the next BATSMAN...." i mean, Rajib's not Mashrafe, is he ?
Old April 28, 2005, 12:38 AM
Test Cricketer

i meant who is the next batsman. i didnt put shariar nafees because everyone would pick him. he is in the naitonal team and non of the other guys above are. but they have the ability. i am not givning any time frame for them to make to the national side. all of these guys should get more practice. i think this is a reasonable good poll better then the polls we see latly. ex. who is better afridi or his dog?
lol
Old April 28, 2005, 12:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

next batsman....i dunno abt shamsur rahman...i heard a lot abt him but dun see any performance to go with... there are some scores here and there...but he is inconsistant just like other batsmen......
Old April 28, 2005, 12:44 AM
Test Cricketer

actually shamsu rahman has been pretty consistant. so has golam rahman and farhad reza but only different is that shamsu rahman has been performing in higher level then those two. so has roqibul hasan
Old April 28, 2005, 01:37 AM
Cricket Legend

well this is really hard to decide. because it is not a wise decision to choose any of them right now given the amount of games they have played until now. these guys are just too young. and anything can happen to them. they can become extraordinarrily good in the next 2 years or they could go in the opposite direction hopefully that wont happen. so i dont want to conclude anything at this premature stage.
Old April 28, 2005, 01:43 AM
Test Cricketer

do you think shariar nafees came to the team too early?
Old April 28, 2005, 01:50 AM
Cricket Legend

well the thing is there is always going to be some exceptions. and i dont think there is going to be too many exceptions like this. because giving cap to a new youngster at the beginning of every series is just not the right step according to me. so i think that if nafees or mushfiq gets cap this time. i dont think it is not going to be soon when the next player is going to get the cap. especially i dont think another under 19 is going to get this cap pretty soon. because it just makes no sense airokom gono hare shobar debut kora.
Old April 28, 2005, 01:55 AM
Street Cricketer

roqibul hasan
Old April 28, 2005, 05:12 AM
Test Cricketer

Samsur rahman ar chance besi.But problem holo j or tecnique,batting style and footwork ar bepare kono amar idea nai.International cricket a parmanently tike thakte hole oe 3 ta jiniser khub besi dorkar.Samsur rahman only ZIM "A" ar against a khelleo but "A" team ar hoye aro onek match khele or perform korte hobe.So minimun 1 year oke "A" team ar hoye perform korte hobe arpor test cap.
Only ZIM "A" ar against a valo perform korar jonne and kalker century ar jonne ami vote dilam.
Old April 28, 2005, 06:10 AM
ODI Cricketer

I predicted Shahriar Nafees will get in to the National team when i first saw him play in England last year. So there is no suprise there.

As for Shamsu, i think he is more suited to the one-day game and will need to be more consistant. Although he did show a great deal of patience i remember when he played England U19's in one of the test matches when wickets were falling around him.

Golam Rahman and Forhad Reza need to be tried in the 'A' teams.
Old April 28, 2005, 12:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Hard to tell at this moment. From my perspective none of these players should be given test cap so soon. They should play in the NCL and BD A team for atleast another one or couple more years.
Old April 28, 2005, 06:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

it'll be kind of hard for golam rahman to come in, because he is an opening batsman. we already have two promising openers in nafis iqbal, and shahriar nafis. the two nafis' are battle tested against stronger opponents, unlike golam. same problem persists with roqibul's chances of getting a test cap, because he's an opener too. personally, i like farhad reza better as a batsman. he has the ability to be successful in both versions of the game. but shamsur is a similar kind of batsman, who's been playing against stronger opponents. so, my vote goes for shamsur.....but i think he has to wait until bashar retires, or someone gets injured. because our current top order (nafis, nafis, bashar, ash, rajin, aftab) shouldn't be tampered with.

Edited on, April 28, 2005, 11:08 PM GMT, by shovon13.
Old April 28, 2005, 06:18 PM
Cricket Legend

yes shamsu and roqibul they have to play atleast another couple of years before we can actually tell anything about them. and the thing is like most people here i have not seen them play. so yes i have no idea too about their footwork and all that kind of stuff, which is very important now a days. even if their footwork is not that good now, they will still be able to get runs now because they are just being able to get away with it because the bolers they are facing are not that much quality players. but once they enter the international cricket footwork and batting style and technique will become very important.
Old April 29, 2005, 07:02 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash,Rafiq,Wasim,Lee,Inzy

may be shamsu rahman.
Old April 29, 2005, 07:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

I think its too early for all of them.

Any change, if needed, will probably come from the old timers. (likely Alok Kapali again)

Old April 29, 2005, 07:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Any change, if needed, will probably come from the old timers. (likely Alok Kapali again)
Yea Fauque like old timers. Why Alok? He is not old timer yet. He is still not even married. Lets bring real old timers.
Old April 29, 2005, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

what do you mean by that? akram khan. well i dont mind that. he is my favorite batsman. i would love to see him play in the team once again with his bhatija. please dont jump on my neck.
Old April 29, 2005, 07:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Why shamsur rahman..
i checked his statistic on cricinfo, nothing special.
could somebody tell me about this guy?
Old April 29, 2005, 08:26 PM
Test Cricketer

well the statistic you looked at in cricinfo is first class and list-a match statistic. he has been performing well for the u-19 team. he just scored 101 in last match. coach richard mcinnis thinks he can definitely make it to the national team because he has the talent and the right atitude. he is also very young so i think the selectors will test him more before making any decision on putting him with the senior team. but i believe that he is the next batsman to get the test cap. but he also has some competition like roqibul hassan. and golam rahman and farhad reza are yet to be tested but they also have chance if they can keep up the performance.
Old May 1, 2005, 03:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

thanks shaoun...