facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Can Bangladseh beat Zimbabwe ?
Yes,BD will beat Zimbabwe by a big margin 6 13.33%
Yes,BD will just manage to win 16 35.56%
No,BD won't win. 23 51.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 11, 2006, 11:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tendulkar
Default Can Bangladesh beat Zimbabwe ?

After today's debacle there is only pride left for BD vs Zimb match.Do you think BD should go for a BIG win.I am not sure about a big win but I am positive that they can win and restore some pride.

Old October 11, 2006, 11:40 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Barry Bonds and JO

Nop. BD is a weak team
Old October 11, 2006, 11:41 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Barry Bonds and JO

By the way, What pride are you refering to?
Old October 11, 2006, 11:42 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I am not so sure. It is more likely that we'll lose to Zimbabwe.

The only reason is that the name 'Mashrafee' is a big name for us, and if he's demoralized, then the whole team is demoralized and in the same note, do you know the fact that Javed Miandad of Pakistan hit a last ball six, which left India down mentally for over around 15 years? Whenever India faced Pakistan afterwards, India lost to Pakistan on more occassions than they should have lost, just because Pakistan had the mental edge vs. India.

I am not sure that our team can get out of Taylor 6 so easily, not after the loss to WI today, simply because if we had won today vs. WI, we could have easily shrugged off the Taylor 6 stating that it was just a one match blunder and that we have come out off it and beaten a better team i.e., WI, but since we have not accomplished that feat tonight, so I can't be sure that Zimbabwe could be beaten so easily.
Old October 11, 2006, 11:48 AM
Test Cricketer

Zimbabwe should win quite easily. I think they are a fair way behind the likes of West Indies and Sri Lanka, but they have the edge over Bangladesh still.

Gary Brent will be making his international return by playing for Zimbabwe on Friday, one must remember. He is 30 years old (most experienced player for Zimbabwe) and a reasonably good medium pacer.. just recently made 100 for his club team in Zimbabwe.

That will strengthen their attack, not to mention give them some much needed experience.

So yes, I think Zimbabwe will come out on top.
Old October 11, 2006, 11:49 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orzoon
After today's debacle there is only pride left for BD vs Zimb match.Do you think BD should go for a BIG win.I am not sure about a big win but I am positive that they can win and restore some pride.
todays defeat wasnt a debacle...it was a simply regular embrassing defeat.......
I am fed of this team........ICC should take away our status.... they should......
and let us play with the ICC associates nations.... basically the bangladesh team is meant to play in that level...

ei lojja pawar che .... bosor er por bosor...ICC trophy, ACC trophy jita bhalo......
Old October 11, 2006, 11:53 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Bangladesh will beat Zimbabwe quite easily but that does not mean anything to Bangladesh cricket. The same old story, not ready yet to regularly challenge stronger oppositions. Bangladesh cricket is getting stuck at Zim-Kenya level.
Old October 11, 2006, 11:54 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Given that we choose the right team, we will be able to beat them. If you look at the other poll, "Can we really beat WI", you would see that I said NO (its public poll).

I'm saying here that we can. Given, we give up the innovative idea of opening with an off form middle order when we have a in-form opener in Mehrab. and show some thing called common sense.

to be honest, our players really lack common sense. aftab need to be spanked before the zim game for playing such a shot today. bashar need a surgical tape on his mouth so that he cannot show that foolish smile anymore, and....

well, the prescibtion goes on and on.
Old October 11, 2006, 12:07 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Bangladesh will beat Zimbabwe quite easily but that does not mean anything to Bangladesh cricket. The same old story, not ready yet to regularly challenge stronger oppositions. Bangladesh cricket is getting stuck at Zim-Kenya level.
Well said.
Old October 11, 2006, 12:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I guess most of us knew Bangladesh would lose today. The way they played and lost had pissed off most of the supporters more than anything. Their inability to learn from their mistakes and play according to the situation is something to be worried about. Playing your natural game doesn't mean you lose common sense and start throwing your bat at everything. You still need common sense to go with it and thats what we lacked today. We may win against Zimbabwe or lose, but what I would like to see in the field is the hunger to win and some application and maybe some mogoj.
Old October 11, 2006, 12:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasifkhan
todays defeat wasnt a debacle...it was a simply regular embrassing defeat.......
I am fed of this team........ICC should take away our status.... they should......
and let us play with the ICC associates nations.... basically the bangladesh team is meant to play in that level...

ei lojja pawar che .... bosor er por bosor...ICC trophy, ACC trophy jita bhalo......
well said
Old October 11, 2006, 01:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

who the f*** cares!
Old October 11, 2006, 01:18 PM
Club Cricketer

someone in another thread mentioned that ICC should not allow this farcical match.What pride is left to play for.who cares who wins.
Old October 11, 2006, 02:25 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Champa Chakma

this captain will never learn, look how other skip.. perform, always hard n firm showing some resistant either with the bat or in the field.
it is so sickening to see our cap' singing the same old song ''yes it is! yes it is!
we have most of the tools but don't no how or when to apply...

pls! someone replace him' or giv him some naga B 4 the start of the games!!
Old October 12, 2006, 01:13 AM
Cricket Legend

We should beat Zimbabwe. But it is really hard to get excited about it.
Old October 12, 2006, 01:56 AM
Banned

Win or loss, hablu captain habla mia will score some runs, and worse yet, the idiot will go and brag about it...fugdisshit
Old October 12, 2006, 01:58 AM
Cricket Legend

I am worried about how our batsman copes with their promising new ball bowlers. Losing the series against them was shameful and we cant lose again. If BD doesnt win players should be fined.
Old October 12, 2006, 02:00 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tawanda Mupariwa

Both teams have a 50-50 chance..all i know is that Zim will be going all out for a win cuz they believe they can beat BD. Mushrafee, the two spinners, Ahmed and Nafees remain the most and only threatening players..the toss is guna be important aswell. If we are sent in to bat first then we most likely to loose...the winner of this match is most likely to win the upcomming series aswell
Old October 12, 2006, 07:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

Let's screw this poll...I know the answer..but I vote no. Why? Ask Dav, Faruk, Bash and Ash.
Old October 12, 2006, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Zimbabwe has everything to gain from this match. If BD loses then Bashar will have some serious explaining to do. He was the one bragging about how they would have won the last seris if Rafique was fit.
Old October 12, 2006, 08:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

If the question is - can we beat Zim?
Answer is - Yes, of course we can.

If it is - will we beat Zim this time?
Answer will be - You never know.Considering the current way we are playing, we probably won't.Zim players have much fighting spirit and commitment then most of our players.
Old October 12, 2006, 08:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Can they win against ZIM?

Sure they can.

Will they?

It depends. If its the same team, no, they will not win. If they get rid of the proven dead wood players, then they will most likely win.
Old October 12, 2006, 09:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

If they don't win tomorrow, they shouldn't bother to come back and stay in India
Old October 12, 2006, 09:47 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
If they don't win tomorrow, they shouldn't bother to come back and stay in India
What make you think that india is willing to keep garbage bags?
Old October 12, 2006, 10:04 AM
First Class Cricketer

The posts in this thread are so negative. Seems some of us are yet to recover from the affects of crashing of a DREAM.

Honestly folks, did you really expect that Bangladesh will qualify for the main round in CT? After seeing what Srilanka did to eangland in Englad and what West Indies did to India and Autralia? If your answer is yes, you need a reality check, urgently.

Our standard in cricket is little above Zimabwe, but faaaaaaaar below that of any other test playing countries. So the matches between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe would be competitive, but most likely that Bangladesh will win more of them. If Zimbabwe manage to win one, that would the considered an UPSET, just like our wins against other test nations. This is a fact and will remain a fact for some time in the future.

What scary is that our team is not learning as much as they could or should. The idea behind playing at the top level is that you play stronger opponents and analyze your mistakes and learn from them. You also learn from your opponents. Unfortunately, our players are not doing any of it. At least that's not clear from the performance of the team and individual players. Does any one player in the Bangladesh team knows how to plan an innings? All they try to do is be attacking all the time as if each one of them is Dhoni, or Afridi, or Tendulkar! Just look at West Indian batsmen in the last innings. Until the very end, none of them had a strike rate of more than 60 or so. But in the end, they achieved their goal so easily. Then consider Aftab's innings. At the time, the team needed from him a responsible innings. What did instead is unforgivable. No excuses. But would he repeat this innings? Everytime he is out there, he will play the exact same innings. Some of us call it his natural game. That's BS. Cricket, last time I checked, is a team game and your strategy should be a team strategy. A good player makes himself available to that team strategy. There is no scope of playing so called "natural game". Until you do that, we will have occational upset wins, but no regularity of performance.

This is not only about Aftab though. Except Mashrafee, every other batsmen in that match is guilty of the same crime committed by Aftab. May be Shahriar Nafees is also a bit unlucky. But everybodyelse got out without even thinking what the team needed. But unfortunately, none of them learned anything from it.

Now why is this happening? I think part of the responsibility is our, the supporters and reporters. I'm surprised to see praises of Aftabs 59 of 55 balls after the game. What the team needed from him is 80 or more from 160 balls and he had the opportunity to do just that. in my opinion, this 59 run innings is one of the worst performance by Aftab and he should not be encouraged in any way to play a similar innings. Don't get me wrong. I like to see 4s and 6s as much as you all. But a good batsman should be able to bat according to the situation in the field, not off the field.