facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old July 16, 2005, 05:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Default Do you hate Hewitt??

i simply hate this arrogant []

he thinks he is some hot shot player who makes has to make his face visible each time he scores......

the other day i was wathing him play coria in davis cup, whre he started an offcourt drama.....his actions, behaviour with the refree and coria was simply disgusting......

the tennis authority....if there is any, should take action against him...

sadly ppl here in australia, overlooks his idotic personality and support him like crazy.....

Edited on, July 31, 2005, 11:12 PM GMT, by Carte Blanche.
Reason: mod.action: Use milder language, please

Old July 18, 2005, 08:51 PM
ODI Cricketer

He is a great player. Thats all I care about but I have seen anything bad about his personality.
Old July 18, 2005, 09:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Don't want to jinx anyone

he suffers from a condition known as "whie line fever": once he crosses that white line and is on the court, he becomes a beast. Sometimes, it is awesome to behold! I must say it much more entertaining watching Hewitt's fury (and antics) than coria's spitting and crotch grabbing....
Old July 18, 2005, 09:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

I feel sorry for him. When he faces Federer it's almost sad. If he wins a set vs Federer he uses all his energy and then Federer gives him a 6-0. I like his arrogance the sport needs characters like him.

Coria cheats and we all know that. He always fakes an injury or something like that.
Old July 20, 2005, 12:24 AM
Test Cricketer

he got fined for calling coria a "poofter"

coria got fined aswell for spitting....

but he gets in the nerve of every single player....and the referees in tennis just sit ducks....
Old July 20, 2005, 12:27 AM
Test Cricketer

to be honest.........i would watch a average tennis player play...rather than watch his royal ugliness jump up and down every time he scores...

nalbandaine recently booted him out...so i am happy....
Old July 20, 2005, 04:11 AM
Club Cricketer

The problem with Hewitt is that he is plain aware of his limitations. But he wants to play beyond himself. He is the only professional player who plays davis cup year in and out. he wears his heart out on his short sleeves. As for his theatrics on court, thats his way of motivating himself. If his "c'mon" shout is offensive to the opponent, then so is Maria Sharapova's megawatt grunts. Hewitt has grown from being the crude and brass teen to the player of today. Earlier in his playing days he was so rough on the edges during his interviews that it was hilarious. Now he is more matured, but you still cant take away the "aussie" fighting spirit. With the demise of Pat Rafter and Philapoussis, he is the only player whole Australia can rely on. And he wants to give back something to his country. He has said on numerous occassions that davis cup is his foremost love. And this is why he has hoards of followers. How many top tennis players played davis cup in their prime? I admire Hewitt for that.

Yes, his defeats against Federer is very sad. Hewitt doesnt have a potent serve, he doesnt have a one handed backhand, he is not versatile in the sense he cant do serve and volley in regular fashion. yet he is willing to fight till he drops, the best counter-puncher in todays game. You cant say that about many ppl.

As for the word "poofter", Eddie Mcguire of "who wants to be a miilionaire" this week called a contestant "Nancy boy" on national television because he was not willing to risk the money. So.......

Having said that, I really dont like Hewitt personally. But I enjoy his game and like the way he carries the fight to the other guy until the last point of the match.

Edited on, July 20, 2005, 9:16 AM GMT, by AussieBloke.
Old July 25, 2005, 10:03 PM
Cricket Legend

I dont like hewitt and i am South Australian where he is from. I hate him and a lot of my friends do. But i support him because he is australian.But if there is any other australian in the tournament i will support them instead.
Old July 31, 2005, 05:59 PM
Cricket Legend

It is well known that Hewitt uses his antics to get himself motivated. I don't know if it's "Aussie spirit" but it is needlessly crass and mildly annoying, even for a TV spectator. I have seen Hewitt needlessly contest line calls and overrules that were obviously correct and stall the game by debating and glaring at the umpire. That is no "spirit", it's thoroughly unsportsmanlike.

The best thing an opponent can do is shut him off mentally and let his game do the talking against Hewitt.

I haven't seen Hewitt yell a single cmon against Federer recently. That's because Federer is too good for even the best effort Hewitt can ever hope to put on court. What's the use of yelling cmon when you know that you don't have the game to counterpunch Federer, that you have lost 15 sets in a row, and that you are going to lose inevitably anyway? I find Hewitt's silence in these matches ironic and amusing.
Old August 11, 2005, 03:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I don't like hewitt but haven't watched much of his game either. but as I read diff articles I think he has the mentality to beat federer. Although I doubt he has the game for it.