facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 15, 2012, 12:55 PM

Default Why doesn't Mushy get it??

We all know how bad Mash is while bowling in the death overs, why Mushy doesn't see it? He keep bowling Mash in the death overs and conceding an average of fifteen runs or so!

It seems he wants to favours Mash - to me though, he is doing more harm instead helping him out.

Funish Mash off before fifteen overs, Mash might become a fantastic worldclass T20 bowler - Musy do this favour to Mash, please.

Old September 15, 2012, 02:05 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

I think it's due to the lack of options. We can say Mash at least bowls well with the new ball but what about Shafiul?... the guy is useless both upfront and at the death. Shak only has four overs and cannot bowl from both ends so Mushy's choices are limited between Mahmudullah and Razzak. Razzak got hit for sixes today as well and so did Sunny during the middle overs.
Old September 15, 2012, 02:13 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Death bowling depends on how the whole match went. If the opponent didn't lose that many wickets whomever it may be would get hurt. Even Malinga's Yorkers would be torched. 15+ runs. We don't have much option as well. Give the bowling to Shakib? Shafiul is a hit or miss. One match he is the bomb at death the other one cannot find him anywhere near. Nazmul was good but now uncertain to make the team.

Mash has the most experience.
Old September 15, 2012, 02:25 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Why not designate this role to Riyad? Some players are groomed to be death-over bowlers (like Ian Harvey was for Australia - yes, yes I know he's a medium pacer but still) and I can't see why that can't be an option?
Old September 15, 2012, 02:43 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Why not designate this role to Riyad? Some players are groomed to be death-over bowlers (like Ian Harvey was for Australia - yes, yes I know he's a medium pacer but still) and I can't see why that can't be an option?
I knew someone would mention Riyad. We have experimented a bit, with him bowling at the death and he was lucky to get wickets off full tosses which should have been dispatched honestly.

I wouldn't mind giving him the opportunity but we need to look at the opponents too. Spinners are more often than not taken apart towards the end.

I think the management should seriously consider looking into Zia and Nasir and look to develop them specifically for T20.
Old September 15, 2012, 03:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
We all know how bad Mash is while bowling in the death overs, why Mushy doesn't see it? He keep bowling Mash in the death overs and conceding an average of fifteen runs or so!

It seems he wants to favours Mash - to me though, he is doing more harm instead helping him out.

Funish Mash off before fifteen overs, Mash might become a fantastic worldclass T20 bowler - Musy do this favour to Mash, please.
100% Agree....Also he needs to stop batting at no.4. That place is for Nasir.
Old September 15, 2012, 06:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Exactly right, i think bw his fast spearing yorkers and a doosra in the over he can bowl tightly. From what ive seen we are better off using him at the death than others. If we had groomed him to bowl overs 18 and 20 we would have a much more complete team imo.
Old September 15, 2012, 07:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I dont get why they dont use Ziaur. Ziaur is an allrounder, not just a batsmen.
Old September 16, 2012, 12:21 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ Zia plus Nasir.
Both could be used for at least an over each.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]