facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 12, 2018, 01:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
BDFlag MATCH THREAD=>Nihadas Trophy| Match #5- BD v IND|Mar 14th, 2018|19:00 Local Time, 13:30GMT|Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

Welcome,

Match #5

VERSUS

Points Table:
TeamsMatWonLostTiedNRPtsNRR
India321004+0.210
Sri Lanka312002-0.072
Bangladesh211002-0.231

So, this match is without any doubt a game for Bangladesh to win if they are to see themselves progressing into the final. Net runrate is very crucial at this stage of the series.

On lineups: BD may want to stick with the same winning combination, but I feel that Taskin should make way for Abu Hider...Rubel and Mustafizur are better wicket-takers than Taskin, adding Abu Hider to that duo makes the chance of getting wickets even greater.
In order to utilize Sabbir more efficiently, he needs to bat at #3, if not, then drop him.

BD's three pacers in the match against SL went for 133 off a combined 11 overs: that 12.1 runs an over. They will have to work on creating pressure against India, work in partnerships to stem the flow of runs...Last thing they need is to concede the same amount of runs.

BD bowling will need to buckle up.

The batting seems to have taken on some of the pressure that came their way; this is important. They needed a catalyst. Now momentum is with the batting department.

If they can continue this way against team India, with some very inexperienced bowlers, then we can look forward to a good match between bat and ball.

Nothing more to say here...for now.

Will update this post when the previews from Cricinfo and Cricbuzz, respectively comes out...and the points table...

For now, enjoy the mangoes and the jackfruits.

All the best to both teams..

Go Tigers!!!!

Last edited by aklemalp; March 13, 2018 at 05:53 PM..

Old March 12, 2018, 01:10 PM
Banned

Who will be "dancing" after this game? Any bets?
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

But Bd is known for both mangoes and jackfruits?

Anyway, best of luck to the Tigers. Zero expectations. I mean, if they are going to pick Taskin again, they deserve to lose.

I do want to challenge Mustafizur to bowl more wonder deliveries like the one he got Gunalathika out with.

I do want to challenge Liton and Mushfiqur for repeat performances.

Also, I want to challenge Mushfiqur to not let straying deliveries under his arms, and hit the wickets when he has 3 stumps to aim at.

Just challenges, no expectations whatsoever.
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Win it and make this tournament alive.
Old March 12, 2018, 01:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndYeah
$50 on the jackfruit

$60 on the mangoes
Old March 12, 2018, 01:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Welcome,

VERSUS

Shesh mesh abar na gache kathal aar gophe tel hoye jai
Old March 12, 2018, 01:24 PM
Cricket Savant

^^If only I can understand bangla
Old March 12, 2018, 01:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
^^If only I can understand bangla
aklemalp dada, it is an old Bengali proverb, saying...
It means The jackfruit is still in the tree, probably not even ripe or matured, and I am sitting under the tree, drooling and oiling my mustache...(please do not get too excited reading- matured, drooling and oiling all in one sentence) I know you, young man!!

The idea of oiling your mustache before eating a jackfruit comes from an old concept of certain types (sub-species) of jackfruits's flesh and cloves in Bangladesh have a very sticky, liquid gummy coat in them...and when someone with beard or mustache is not being careful while gobbling the jackfruit's cloves will get into a rather sticky situation.
So the old suggestion in rural Bengal is put some oil, preferably sarisa oil in your dari (beard) and goph (mustache) before you dig in.

Okay I missed telling you the meaning of the proverb: It means that the damn jackfruit is still on the tree, not even edible, not even ripe, and I or you, all excited hoping to eat the juicy flesh of the fruit, getting all ready and started to oil our mustache.

Now when you go visit your Bengali in-laws at their house, you can say that before eating the jackfruit. Ask for Sarisa oil.
Ohh, you don't have facial hair, so you won't have to worry about it too much, but if you do, then sarisa, olive or corn oil.

Oh also, another information for you, aklemalp about jackfruit: If you are from Brahmanbaira, you eat two jackfruits alone, all by yourself. then you will have - Ghaam chhuta shuru korbey...in another word, you will start sweating big time, because it is a summer fruit to begin with and then it will raise your blood pressure and might make you faint for a minute or tow. It happened to me a couple of times.

BTW, you can do a search and see if I find the meaning of: Bhaya, Tum bhi Kathaal khaya?"
Old March 12, 2018, 01:58 PM
Banned

So what does jackfruit taste like? Is it like a pineapple? Is it available in the NYC region?
Old March 12, 2018, 02:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
So what does jackfruit taste like? Is it like a pineapple? Is it available in the NYC region?
Indyeah bhai, Jackfruit ('Kathaal' in Bengali), when edible and ripe, should taste sweet. It has a unique sweet taste. I can't describe it or compare with anything that i know.

You should be able to find jackfruits in NYC pretty easily.
In Chinatown in Manhattan. In Jackson Heights and Flushing in Queens and I am sure a few Brooklyn Bangladeshi neighborhoods' grocery stores will have them too.
Old March 12, 2018, 02:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Ohh aklemalp, I am sorry I keep losing the point about: 'Gaache Kathaal, gophe Tel" (I mean the application of this saying).

You can say this to me, when let's say I bought a lottery ticket, and the draw has not happened yet, and I started to make lists of all the beautiful things that I will buy when I hit the Jackpot (or Jackfruit)! That is probably a bad and sad analogy, since I always do that and the dream of winning never comes true like cricbook bhai.

Another one will be like this, let's say I am going to get married next year.
Now I started to make list of all the good rich food (biriyani, tehari, Murg pulau, Khasi rezalaa, Mithai, Shondesh, Hash-er curry etc. etc.) that my future mother in-law would feed me (once I get married0. So the weedding is next year...and dreaming now...Gaache Kathaal gophe tel...capiche, comprende?
Old March 12, 2018, 02:37 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Indyeah bhai, Jackfruit ('Kathaal' in Bengali), when edible and ripe, should taste sweet. It has a unique sweet taste. I can't describe it or compare with anything that i know.

In Chinatown in Manhattan. In Jackson Heights and Flushing in Queens and I am sure a few Brooklyn Bangladeshi neighborhoods' grocery stores will have them too.
Meet me in Nyc, whoever wanna taste jackfruit. I gotchu guys.
Old March 12, 2018, 02:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Jack fruit pods have two textures. One is hard when unripe and not pleasant to eat. The other is when it gets soft, almost a similar texture when a ripen mango is losing its shape, and that imo is the best. It is quite sweet then. It has a distinct and strong flavour and people either like it or don’t.

The seeds are dried and later cooked in a curry but that is a more advanced level.
Old March 12, 2018, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:

Hmm thanks for the info.
Old March 12, 2018, 05:08 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

When expectations are so non existent, people delve pretty deep into jackfruit.

Yea....

Jackfruit.
Old March 12, 2018, 05:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
You will be dancing out of the tournament.
Old March 12, 2018, 05:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

If only Kohli was playing this game. Then we would see a real battle of the manlets: Mushys "nagin" vs kohli's "i swear my dandas not that small" sendoffs
Old March 12, 2018, 07:08 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

Not expecting too much considering the opponent. Key players to look out for are Liton, Mushfiqur and Mustafizur though the latter hasn't been too good with the ball lately. I'm going to be optimistic, and say that Bangladesh will win this. That win against Sri Lanka will be a huge lift, but the amount of runs we gave away will be of a concern. Unlikely we'll reach the final though as I think that win of ours may have been a fluke.
Old March 12, 2018, 07:23 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Good luck Bangladesh, hope we had Shakib. Why can't they replace Shabbir with Ash specially when the games are in Srilanka, I still cannot fathom?

Now, on topic the only thing I like about Jackfruit is the baby jackfruit shells cooked with small cubes of beef in a spicy gravy with freshly cooked "gorom gorom bhaat"

Ah khida lege gelo
Old March 12, 2018, 07:24 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
Kohli's "i swear my dandas not that small" sendoffs
Careful with those Freudian slips brother. We don’t really need to know how you interpret celebrations into phallic symbols. To each his own, just keep it in your head.
Old March 12, 2018, 07:26 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Why can't they replace Shabbir with Ash specially when the games are in Srilanka, I still cannot
Probably cuz if you can be bought once, you can be bought again.
Old March 12, 2018, 07:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_ringo
Careful with those Freudian slips brother. We don’t really need to know how you interpret celebrations into phallic symbols. To each his own, just keep it in your head.
now now bhaiyo. All I said was danda. Why do you assume I speak of the phallic variety?
Old March 12, 2018, 07:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Haha threw it right back. Nicely done!
Old March 12, 2018, 07:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_ringo
Probably cuz if you can be bought once, you can be bought again.
He went through whatever punishment they assigned. Now he is past that so is BCB.

Fans need to let bygones be bygones as well.
Old March 12, 2018, 08:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
aklemalp dada, it is an old Bengali proverb, saying...
It means The jackfruit is still in the tree, probably not even ripe or matured, and I am sitting under the tree, drooling and oiling my mustache...(please do not get too excited reading- matured, drooling and oiling all in one sentence) I know you, young man!!

The idea of oiling your mustache before eating a jackfruit comes from an old concept of certain types (sub-species) of jackfruits's flesh and cloves in Bangladesh have a very sticky, liquid gummy coat in them...and when someone with beard or mustache is not being careful while gobbling the jackfruit's cloves will get into a rather sticky situation.
So the old suggestion in rural Bengal is put some oil, preferably sarisa oil in your dari (beard) and goph (mustache) before you dig in.

Okay I missed telling you the meaning of the proverb: It means that the damn jackfruit is still on the tree, not even edible, not even ripe, and I or you, all excited hoping to eat the juicy flesh of the fruit, getting all ready and started to oil our mustache.

Now when you go visit your Bengali in-laws at their house, you can say that before eating the jackfruit. Ask for Sarisa oil.
Ohh, you don't have facial hair, so you won't have to worry about it too much, but if you do, then sarisa, olive or corn oil.

Oh also, another information for you, aklemalp about jackfruit: If you are from Brahmanbaira, you eat two jackfruits alone, all by yourself. then you will have - Ghaam chhuta shuru korbey...in another word, you will start sweating big time, because it is a summer fruit to begin with and then it will raise your blood pressure and might make you faint for a minute or tow. It happened to me a couple of times.

BTW, you can do a search and see if I find the meaning of: Bhaya, Tum bhi Kathaal khaya?"

Oh. Why don't them uncles shave their beards and mustachio?
Probably leaving a 'churkee'.

I know three varieties of this fruit: Breadfruit, the sweet katahar, and the smaller and more spherical katahar.

We use the breadfruit for so many things, a versatile fruit.

The sweet katahar wasn't my favorite because of that smell. But when used to make a juice, it is delightfuland refreshing.

The other one is the most popular one for use; we use them most of the time as a curry...and on special religious functions as an offering to the gods. I remember vividly of cleaning and preparing it, oiling up our hands and fingers with coconut oil. Taking out the husk, and getting to the seeds, those have an additional hard shell and sheath. The technique has got to be right.

So, back to those uncles perched on the trees like mourning doves...they need to do something about those out of control hippie facial hair.