facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 8, 2015, 10:54 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default BD team's target for the WC

I got Australia and NZ going to the second round. SL with Malinga and Co. with Sangga-Jaya's last WC they are lock.

That remains one spot for the second round. Teams remaining Afgans, BD, Eng, and Scotts.

Well Scots have no chance. I don't think Afgans would pose any threat. So the battle is between BD and ENG.

I know it is one game at a time but if we beat England head to head, that should be it. Second round should be an easy go. Unless Runrate becomes a factor. So we should focus on them first and foremost. That is the key game to get to second round. Do not crap the bed in that game Tigers.

Old January 8, 2015, 11:02 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

We have a habit of losing to teams like Afgan or Scotland etc. So, don't be so sure. Can we take down Aus? doubt it. NZ ? can be done. SL too. Its just we have to bat positive in Australia and top 3 scoring is a pre-req for any success. If your 4,5 are rebuilding an innings, rather than building on it, you are pretty much done, given our lack of resources. Our team also thrives on success, and at the same time, has a very hard time recovering from losses. So, I would say, if we can start with a win or big surprise early in the tournament, we can do some damage. The opposite of it is also very possible.
Old January 8, 2015, 11:56 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Realistically we should beat Afghan and Scotland and one of the top teams. I'll be happy with 3 wins even if we don't progess to the next round.
Old January 8, 2015, 12:01 PM
Cricket Savant

Realism goes out the door the moment you enter World Cup. People are on a different zone and level at that point. They are playing for the country. Upsets are common. So I don't see any reason why we cannot take down Australia at their own backyard.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 8, 2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
We have a habit of losing to teams like Afgan or Scotland etc. So, don't be so sure. Can we take down Aus? doubt it. NZ ? can be done. SL too. Its just we have to bat positive in Australia and top 3 scoring is a pre-req for any success. If your 4,5 are rebuilding an innings, rather than building on it, you are pretty much done, given our lack of resources. Our team also thrives on success, and at the same time, has a very hard time recovering from losses. So, I would say, if we can start with a win or big surprise early in the tournament, we can do some damage. The opposite of it is also very possible.

Ditto.

Beating New Zealand would be tough at their own soil, but not impossible.
Sri Lanka might be an easy catch for us and England might be difficult but very possible IMHO>

We should take one match at a time...rest will follow ->

I am hopeful about our chances in this WC.
Old January 8, 2015, 12:14 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
Realism goes out the door the moment you enter World Cup. People are on a different zone and level at that point. They are playing for the country. Upsets are common. So I don't see any reason why we cannot take down Australia at their own backyard.
Yup!! Undefeated 11 match winning streak at Aus/NZ. Why not. That would take us to have 16 match winning streak and counting and we would be the World Champs!!!
Old January 8, 2015, 12:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

BD might be able to beat either england or NZ but i am sure they will lose to either scotland or afghan. BD lost to all associates past and it might happen again
Old January 8, 2015, 12:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

last 2 months all top 8 teams played against at least 5 top teams and BD played with aim in last 6 months, that shows how is our preparations
Old January 8, 2015, 12:18 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim
Realistically we should beat Afghan and Scotland and one of the top teams. I'll be happy with 3 wins even if we don't progess to the next round.
same here, and we should play Shophiul just to beat Eng who look to be the easiest of the top teams to beat.
Old January 8, 2015, 12:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Yup!! Undefeated 11 match winning streak at Aus/NZ. Why not. That would take us to have 16 match winning streak and counting and we would be the World Champs!!!
You are assuming or putting words in my script. I said beat Australia. Not be world champ.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 8, 2015, 12:36 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I'mma keep it real simple. Win more than 3 games.

Quote:
Realism goes out the door the moment you enter World Cup.
Yeah your "realism" (whatever that means. Odds?) already went out the window, when you said BD could take down Aus, the no. 1 team, in their backyards.
Old January 8, 2015, 01:32 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
You are assuming or putting words in my script. I said beat Australia. Not be world champ.
Nope, those are my words, my comments based on your realism.

If the current BD team can beat Australia @ Australia (their pitches), in a World Cup match, in front of their fans.... the rest of the teams should just NOT gear up against us. All the way, to the finals. Actually ICC should stop the WC and hand it to us.

I will start a petition for Haturi to become citizen. Shakib for PM - assuming he does well.
Old January 8, 2015, 01:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Nope, those are my words, my comments based on your realism.

If the current BD team can beat Australia @ Australia (their pitches), in a World Cup match, in front of their fans.... the rest of the teams should just NOT gear up against us. All the way, to the finals. Actually ICC should stop the WC and hand it to us.

I will start a petition for Haturi to become citizen. Shakib for PM - assuming he does well.
Start preparing for the petition. We will beat Aus insha Allah.
Old January 8, 2015, 04:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

our target should be Afghanistan, Afghanistan, Afghanistan and then followed by Scotland and then avoid any defeats below 200, followed by 78 and 52. Sorry to spoil your dreams but I am trying to be realistic.
Old January 8, 2015, 07:36 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
I got Australia and NZ going to the second round. SL with Malinga and Co. with Sangga-Jaya's last WC they are lock.

That remains one spot for the second round. Teams remaining Afgans, BD, Eng, and Scotts.

Well Scots have no chance. I don't think Afgans would pose any threat. So the battle is between BD and ENG.

I know it is one game at a time but if we beat England head to head, that should be it. Second round should be an easy go. Unless Runrate becomes a factor. So we should focus on them first and foremost. That is the key game to get to second round. Do not crap the bed in that game Tigers.
SL are an over-rated team, IMO. Good team, but over-rated. Malinga's status is not certain, and even if he makes it, with 6 group stage games his chances of injury before knockouts is almost guaranteed. Jaya, Sanga, Dilly, Herath all 35+...they are playing non stop cricket since November and have to play 6 grueling games in the first round. Eranga is already injured...gonna be tough for Lanka, IMO.

We won't beat AUS or NZ in their den...sure we have a probability of winning, but the focus should be on ENG and SL and then take it from there if successful.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 8, 2015, 07:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Think its time al furqaan made one of those "celebration" threads I've heard so much about
Old January 8, 2015, 10:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Ditto.

Beating New Zealand would be tough at their own soil, but not impossible.
Sri Lanka might be an easy catch for us and England might be difficult but very possible IMHO>

We should take one match at a time...rest will follow ->

I am hopeful about our chances in this WC.
Easy catch? If i can recall SL have a very good record at the MCG.
Old January 8, 2015, 10:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Lets just take a back step shall we. Majority of the players in the BD team have not even played in Australia. Now taking that into account i dont know how ppl would think we can beat Aus. Id rather accept the fact that we are going to lose to Aus and focus on the other teams rather than to dream unrealistically.
Old January 9, 2015, 12:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I wanna smoke what all of you are smoking. Aus, NZ, SA, and IND - these are the four teams that will play semis. BD will lost against all these 4 teams if they meet at some point.
Old January 9, 2015, 12:39 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

Is to go for gold.
Old January 9, 2015, 01:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Easy catch? If i can recall SL have a very good record at the MCG.
Lol, lot of people here have no memory of Sri Lanka's WC, WT20 record in the last 14 years.

But yes, do agree if we are to progress we need to beat one of Sri Lanka or England. It ll be tough, but not impossible by any means.

Australia and New Zealand will be a totally different ball game. Both teams will thrive in the conditions.
Old January 9, 2015, 06:56 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

in last WC 2011 - we won 3 match - Ireland / Holland / England (yep all land) but still could not qualify for the QF.
Old January 9, 2015, 06:59 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
in last WC 2011 - we won 3 match - Ireland / Holland / England (yep all land) but still could not qualify for the QF.
This time we will qualify insha Allah.
Old January 9, 2015, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
But in this WC if we can beat all land (Scotland/England/New Zealand) along with Afghanistan (stan = land) we would definitely qualify for the QF!
Old January 9, 2015, 08:42 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

^^ Sure .. I like the idea