View Single Post
Old February 28, 2009, 01:59 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default Good Suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siraji
Welcome back ehtesham.

I don't think hiring a specialized coach for one player only is going to be the solution. Think of the financial aspects, it's folly. It'd be better if BCB arranges a sort of conditioning camp for all the premiere wicketkeepers with one of the mentioned names being the coach. That way all our keepers learn something.

I remember Pilot said (In one of his interviews) how helpful it is to compare techniques and tips with other keepers. Till date there's no rule book of wicketkeeping and everybody has to develop there own skill.I don't think a full time coach will be that much effective for a keeper. If Rahim needs help(as he evidently does) what's stopping him from going to pilot? Pilot's our best keeper and not too much behind the worldclass either. He can help Rahim become a better keeper.
Hello Siraji,

Thanks for welcoming and your inputs.

If you closely read my post I did mention that the coaching would not only inlcude Rahim but also Mithun and upcoming wicketkeepers as well. So you idea is pretty much in line with my thinking. Also I have suggested that the Hiring of Wicket Keeping Consulatant would be on an ad hoc basis say a 1 to 2 month and not as a full time coach.

You are abosutely right when you say why not go to Pilot who was also a highly rated Wicketkeeper Batsman. But I guess BCB won't like the idea of Rahim doing that as you can perceive from the shoddy treatment he got from them with regards to his farewell when he has given so much to Bangladesh Cricket ( I wonder how can one be so ungrateful)