View Single Post
Old October 2, 2010, 05:15 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Following Siddiqur Rahman: Bangladesh's golfing star

http://www.asiantour.com/index.aspx
Quote:
Siddikur Rahman of Bangladesh put himself in prime position to secure a second Asian Tour victory by taking the third-round lead in the Mercuries Taiwan Masters on Saturday.

Barely a month since becoming the first Bangladeshi to win on the Asian Tour, Siddikur registered a superb five-under-par 67 for a one-stroke lead with a three-day total of five-under-par 211 at the Taiwan Golf and Country Club.

Thailand’s Pariya Junhasavasdikul, who is one of the most consistent players on the Asian Tour this season, stayed in touch with the leader with a 70 for a 212 total at the 500,000-dollar Asian Tour event.

South Africa’s Peter Karmis, who won his maiden Asian Tour title at the Handa Singapore Classic last month, posted a 71, two off the pace while Taiwan’s Chan Yih-shin and Lu Wei-chih, a former Mercuries Taiwan Masters Champion, lie in tied fourth place on a 216 total.

Asian legend Hsieh Min-nan of Taiwan, who at the age of 70 years and 53 days emerged as the oldest golfer on the Asian Tour to make the halfway cut, posted a solid 75 for a 226 total.

Siddikur made the turn in 32 and carded his only blemish of the round on hole 10 but recovered with birdies on holes 13 and 15.

‘This is my best round so far and it was good. I got off to a good start and my ball striking was as good as yesterday. Everything just clicked for me,’ said Siddikur, who learned the game by fashioning his first golf club with a seven iron head on a piece of metal rod.

Pariya has four top-10s so far this season and he hopes to translate his impressive form into a victory tomorrow. The 26-year-old turned in 34 highlighted by an eagle on the par five seventh hole after his seven iron approach shot flew for about 165 yards before landing four feet from the pin.

He was disappointed not to take advantage in the back nine where he posted nine straight pars.

‘There was nothing else I could do because I gave myself enough opportunities and I just couldn’t go lower,’ said the graduate from Purdue University in the United States.

‘My eagle was one of those lucky shots because I was aiming for the edge of the green but it somehow landed near the pin.’
If he wins this he'll have an outside chance to Qualify for the Asian Tour HSBC Championship next month, The Best Golfers of the World (Tiger, Phil, Ernie and everyone else in the Top 25 World Ranking) play in this event.

How to Qualiy for the HSBC Championshi

If he wins this event, he'll move up to 12 or 13 in the Money list (Order of Merit) if he finshes 3-5 he'll be around 15th

http://www.asiantour.com/oom.aspx (Order of Merit), he's currently 28th, if he wants to Qualify for the HSBC he'll have to get to 7th or 8th on the list with one event before the cut off date.

His Next Event will be the2010 ISKANDAR JOHOR OPEN - Monty(Ryder Cup Captain), Gooseen (2X U.S Open Champ) , KJ Choi (defending Champ) & Paddy Harrington (3X Major Winner) will play in the Event

Good Luck Siddiqur Tomorrow and next week.

This is Exciting for me, I Cant Imagine how excited he must feel

Last edited by cricman; October 17, 2010 at 07:07 AM..