View Single Post
Old June 1, 2010, 06:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I really thought that they could have avoided the follow on, seems that Sakib is also forgetting how to bat, sadly, he is following in Ash's footsteps, he could have stayed at the wicket, played a bit defensely for time, and thought more about how many runs to make to avoid a follow on.
Anyhow, they allowed England to score too many runs by wayward bowling which England took advantage of.
I hope that they have learnt something out of this, also Sakib does not set an attacking field when the spinners are bowling.

Still, I am pleased with their batting performance, feels badly that Imrul and Junaid could not get their centuries. No one here praised Junaid, who I thought did very well to score more than 50 in both innings, he had the stamina to witstand Anderson's assault on him, I felt sorry for him, but he showed grit and determination not to throw away his wicket, also jahural did very well, he has a very good temperament.
This match has shown that BD batsmen cannot play the short pitched rising ball and all opposition knows this and will exploit this weakness, Siddons should really use concrete slabs to bowl the bouncing ball to them.