View Single Post
Old May 4, 2013, 08:00 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
When you go from our domesticated league to international competition, it's a different ball game. Although he has not succumbed to it, Mominul must be a bit overwhelmed right now. This is why I prefer the young players to play a number of matches with the A team before being thrust into the international cricket.

Having said that, you cannot teach height! Similarly, you cannot teach attitude (not really) and Mominul has the right attitude to succeed. There are many shortcomings in his game. The biggest two are calling and rotating strike. I think he should be only in the test team for now. If he is willing to work hard, he can address his weaknesses and become a star.
Number three is the toughest spot to bat and we haven't found anyone in the last decade who could do the job convincingly. I believe Mominul's strike rate won't be a problem once he settles in because he played some good attacking knocks in the t-20 format. He is not a Naeem Islam who will forever be a hard working player with limited ability. Mominul has talent and if we remember the tamim who had no onside shots, who used to get bogged down and keep going down the wicket to pace bowlers and compare him to the Tamim of today then we would know that these technical problems can be overcome if there is ability. Mominul and Anamul are both here to stay and its just a matter of time in my opinion.