View Single Post
Old March 28, 2004, 06:55 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by pompous
He felt that there was growing awareness about Islam "as a way of life" particularly in the West where he felt Islam was a solution to the maladies that plague the society here...very relevant in other words.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What about the maladies of the Islamic world which Islamic Shariah has not been able to stamp out (in fact it seems to breed it quite nicely!)? Out of interest, what type of Western maladies is he talking about? I dunno about you, but I'd rather live in a society that has a high divorce rate, teenage pregnancy and gay marriages than a one with honour killings, acid throwing, no freedom of speech and corruption (hence why I am living in a Western country).
----------------------------------

I don't want to live in either actually Of all the ills that you mention plague Muslim societies the only one that can be linked to Islam is "honour killing"...the rest are symptomatic of all poor third world counties....wouldn't you agree?!