View Single Post
Old September 11, 2018, 06:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Bumping this due to recent Caepernick saga.

I don't fully agree with OP's assertion. I know it is like going after a dead guy, but... the problem with OP's framework is that he holds Hammurabiesque-man-made-code to be some supreme form of higher authority.

Personally I always felt that civil disobedience should stem from one's internal ideal and values. I think justifying to the Cosmic Game is far more important.

For instance, let us put Colin on stand.

Why are you doing this?
Genuinely of course.
Are you suuuureeee?
Yes.
Not for any ulterior motive. Because only you know your intent.

The thing of viewing everything from advaita lens is that you get to judge from Godly p.o.v and question everyone.

Everyone's got some dirt. No one is clean. No one is saint. Only Colin himself KNOWS his true ideal and has to justify to a higher cosmic power - in my opinion - to hark personal metaphysics.

Now he didn't break any legal or moral or ethical code per se. But if he is intent or conscience is not pure Light ..lol... or Clear, then by that token he's transgressing natural law.

See, Arnab. How do YOU derive your law? Your notions of morality, axiology, good vs bad, ethics... pretty tad sure they are derived from axiomatic bootstrappin' of yer upbringing, fine tuned highly mechanized education, your natural gift and intelligence and every bulls-- fed by society, authority, Mosque- cuz let's face it we all babies had it- and every known derivatives from the cosmic echochamber.

When you peel those layers like onion and look at your self -real Self- kensho what remains? What is the empty cup? What gives?

Do you calculate your way out to if, should, or must, stall to cut someone in half who 'bouttah murdah your family? Or do you act instinctively? Automatic.

In Zen this is spontaneity.

Intelligence has boundaries and blindspot. Humanity, compassion, values, spirit and willpower and etcetera abstract notions are limitless, so called.

The last is an adjective that defines the term abstract.

Baiting yo! Come back....whoooo hoooo (ghost signs) come back (whooo hooo hoooo).

*dangles the red pill*

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles