View Single Post
Old January 15, 2013, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

I dont think we can lure someone like Lehmann, we wont be able to meet his financial needs and secondly Bangladesh might not be the ideal place for such a talented coach like him. He's doing a good job in Queensland atm. Surely he's a potential candidate for Australian head coach role in the future. There are plenty of good coaches, its just that the likes of IPL, Big Bash and all the other T20 tournaments that make them difficult to get. This is why we are going for guys like Hooper, Greatbatch.

I am surprised we havent even tried someone like Geoff Marsh who has the experience of winning a WC and coaching Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka (For Short Term). John Wright is another person who could contribute a lot given his experience. KKR headcoach Trevor Bayliss is another very capable coach, who will probably be unattainable unless Mr. Shahrukh Khan decides to terminate him. We ve been linked several times with Tom Moody, but he isnt keen on any long term arrangement. I dont even mind us going for Michael Bevan who has had a bit of experience coaching in recent times.