View Single Post
Old January 25, 2004, 08:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Default yea our batters are not performing upto their marks

We tried with lots of combinations still we haven't found a batsman who can take our team to even not to a winning position but to a respectable position...may be we need to send our players(batsmen) to leagues or like tournaments like Patrons trophy or English leagues...otherwise we will not improve.Period. We have been practicing cricket professionaly and seriously after late 70's and midd 80's but still after the improvement we got in mid 90's we just stopped improving comparing to the other teams' improvements in world cricket. I know it takes time but atleast we were not correcting the mistakes(especially the batsmen). We never expected a dramatic win..but atleast they should have try to work with their mistakes..I guess don matter what unless we give heavy training it wont be fixed.
And our bowling got better, but still quality bowler is missing except Masri, and tapash otherwise other pacers is not threatening at all. and thank to Rafiq otherwise we woouldn't have any bolwing weapons to even face the world class teams.
Whatmore is confident and optimistic, also I am. but If we don't change our structure and training systems, we won't improve that much. We really need to consider about it. Thanks.