View Single Post
Old January 12, 2013, 09:30 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deshimon
If Dhiman is included in the team where will he bat?
well if he was to get picked, which i don't think he would, he'd take up one of the lower order spots. yes might be harsh to drop a lower order bat (or push them to #3) since they've been in form but batting so low it's too defensive and won't help BD win matches. it's also kind of silly to think a test team can bat down to #8 without having a good keeper in the line-up. ok not many teams these days have keepers who are amazing, but those types of keepers prior, wade etc are averaging around 40 with the bat and batting at #6/7 with the bowlers following. BD on the other hand bats down to #8 with a subpar gloveman who allbiet is good by BD standards with the bat, is not that great by test quality standards.

plus i believe if mushy was to give up the gloves he'd make up for what would be missed if say riyad was dropped considering that dhiman isn't horrible with the bat so he'd probably be decent and the batting strength be similar just with a better gloveman.

i know it's speculation and it seems harsh to drop riyad but if he hadn't performed in the last series people wouldn't care if he got dropped, not just because he would be in poor form but because he's taking up a spot which could be given to a bowler or a better keeper.