View Single Post
Old July 8, 2007, 07:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaz
The selectors should be praised at least for the difficult decisions of making Asraful the Captain in both the forms of the game.

The more I hear him the more I get impressed. His comments during few recent interviews were matured and confident. Not to mention his excellent century on his first assignment as Captain. Captains sould lead by examples and exectly that's what he did. This century will make world of good for him and for the team as well. It couldn't come at a better time than this.

I am also excited about young Mushfiq. The way he played with Ashraful in the second test was simply brilliant. His comments in the recent interviews are also equally matched with his Captain. Remember how he sacrificed his wicket during the match with South Africa in the last World cup?

The ability and maturity of Masrafee is unquestionable. Shahriar Nafees is an excellent player and soon will come back strongly. Shahadat is getting better everyday. Sakib is a quick learner. I am pretty sure he will get himself adjusted to Test cricket very quickly. Razzak is within top ten best bowlers in the world. I always miss Aftab. He should have been part of the both the forms of the game. He has the ability to destroy any bowling attack on his day.Rajin Saleh has good all round performance as batsman, bowler and fielder. Tushar Imran will be an excellent middle order filler. Syed Rasel has always been an under rated player. He always provided the breakthrough when needed. His economy rate is also excellent.

Most exciting part of this outfit is their age. The average is only 20!
So let us all be patient. Bright days are ahead under the able leadership of the little genius!

Tigers:
Shahriar Nafees
Rajen Saleh
Aftab Ahmed
Sakib Al Hasan
Asraful
Mushfiqur Rahim
Tushar Imran
Mashrafee
Shahadat Hossain
Syed Rasel
Razzak
The only part of that post that's incorrect is when you describe Tushar as ' an excellent middle order filler'. He'll be back in the A team before long. His failure at the top level is not simply due to the fact that the selectors keep shafting him, as people claim, it's also because he isn't any where near technically equipped to handle international bowling attacks.

We also need to find a quality third seamer for our Test team as soon as possible. Rasel is a handy enough option when he only has to bowl 10 overs but he leaves us horribly exposed when it comes to the real stuff.