View Single Post
Old April 5, 2011, 03:05 AM
Cricket Legend

congrats to india! the major contribution was from yuvraj, zaheer, sachin, raina, sehwag, gambhir.

congrats to sachin as well, he truly deserved a world champions medal. even though he didnt do much in final but the crucial semi was won by him, scratchy or not. For me, MOM of the final was gambhir not dhoni. Gambhir really put the lankans on the backfoot.

I have been a supporter of indian team from childhood and started watching them from 1987 WC. My support waned after 2003 WC and I started supporting Bd, my country , after that. I think the darkest period of indian cricket was the 90s, they didnt have a single match winner apart from sachin. Being such a good player, sachin couldnt win india any major trophies simply because there wasnt any other major performers. India was really the "haru party", kept on losing to pakistan/srilanka on crucial occasions. I think the winning mentality of indian team came after the new guns yuvraj and zaheer and finally dhoni joined in. they have the winner finishing mentality which tendulkar lacked even with all his brilliance. i have to say this even when tendu was my fav player for such a long time.

i hope india keep on winning, tendu sure have a few more years to contribute. he can retire when the runs dry up. india have backup for him now.