View Single Post
Old October 16, 2013, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
With all due respect, thats reaching not for the cookie jar but rather a cookie on the top of the Empire State Building.
If we aim for the top of the Empire State Building, maybe we'll at least get to the top of the jar. But I wasn't even implying that we would have won with a more positive frame of mind, I was just hoping the top order would have displayed a bit more positivity instead of going into a shell. A lot of things could have happened as a result - we could have lost three wickets, or Brendan could have spread the field out. But we could have crossed that bridge when we got there instead of making assumptions from the beginning. Ten overs of stroke play wouldn't and shouldn't have cost us the game, as we have the batting depth to pull off a draw on a dormant surface.

Anyways, it's not a huge deal, we still dominated and finished in style. But we need to start winning Tests, or we'll be #13 soon. Actually, without decent fast bowlers and batsmen who crap their pants at the very sight of a fast-medium (not medium-fast like Rubel) bowler, we probably already are.