View Single Post
Old July 28, 2002, 05:50 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default 330 or so

We should get SL out by 330 from this point. It's easier said then done. If I'm the lankan coach, I'd ask my boys to be very very patient and try to go north of 350. The more they put in now the better chance they have to get a good lead and have our boys bend over backwards to reach 200 (hoping).
IF we do go past 200 and happen to score around 250, I'd expect the boys to take their sweet time to get there. Let's say 250 from 110 overs ? That way we will be able to cut into lunch on day three, leaving the Lankan's desperate to score some quick runs before putting us to bat again. We already saw what happend to them trying toscore quick runs, they WILL lose wickets, which will make it interesting until Jayasuria comes in and ploughs 100 in 50 balls. Don't forget that Nawaz has experience playing our boys in Dhaka and he was quite a handful. Also, they have Samara, Vandort (not too bad) and Tillakratne. *sigh*
Let's hope their 'anari' bowlers feel the pressure just like our inexperienced players do. Our players should remember that half their opponents have played less then 5 tests each (something like that). If you take out Jayasuria and couple others, both teams are equal in experience, except, they are playing at home.