View Single Post
Old November 5, 2008, 12:13 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
Banfan ;
we can go on and on. and I would not take that route; Just explain me the following;
1.BCB did not ban them playing cricket in Bangladesh; They just ban them in playing tournaments organized and approved by BCB. and what is wrong with that? We fan and government recognize BCB national team as the representative of Bangladesh. If ICL is so much in love of Bangladesh why not ICL create their own league in Bnagladesh and their own Bangladesh team. There is legal precendece in India where BCCI attested to supreme court that Team India is not representing India but BCCI's team of India. ICL could create their own Bangladesh team and we fan would choose the better side. It is the fan who would give recognition of the representative Bangladesh team; not BCCI, not BCB or ICL.
Just like someone can't create a BMA & banned by BMA means Banned in BD. Equally banned by BCB also implies banned in BD. Until there is a parallel created by someone. Yes, why don't NASA open a branch in BD if they want BD employees? Why don't Intel open one?

Fans have the right but they really don't have that scope. Has BCB asked anyone before banning them?

Quote:
BTW How that analogy is wrong? If you did not pass from a BMA accrediated school you can not practice medicine in Bangladesh; if BCB did not recognize their skill (Doctors of Japanese is surely doctor, unfortunaley BMA do not recognize them) so they can not play in BCB accredated school.
Is there any system of getting trained in a BCB acredited instution? That's where it is different from a doc. A cricketer can be picked from the street and taken in the team if he is tallented. Imagine a cold blooded ROG KATA shibir cadre being picked by BMA as a surgeon for his skill & tallent !!

Quote:
2. BCB with the exception of HB and Rafiq invested on each and every DC players. However in our case our education is fully or partially financed by us; not by some quasi-public organization. BTW both You and I why UGC/MoE could not take action againest the socalled faculties of public university. There was even news on TV and paper that one of the VC of public university was working full time in private universiy.
My friend, the money one pays in BUET/DU/DMC is a peanut in comparison to the expenses. It is just to give you a sense of participation only. Compare your tutions with a private university of same standard. Think of a cricketer how much he has to spend untill he gets noticed & taken into a payment system/training. Does a cricketer get all the money he needs to make himself a cricketer? It is only the national team who gets money on a regular basis, what about others?

Education gives you an assured career untill you retire at the age of 57 & for some profession it's until you die. What's the career span of a cricketer? He is giving his life in it & needs to earn as well to secure his life. When there is an opportunity why shouldn't he take it? He is still available for the national service but alas an educated person who goes abroad for earning money isn't even available for the national services.

Well, we can keep going possibly, let the time decide what will happen with them. Currently as a fan I enjoy watching cricket, so I watch them. I have no business calling them traitors as you also say that BCB doesn't decide on behalf of the nation. It is a private body & many others might comeup in course of time if that is an absolute necessity, be it ICL or BCL. if BCB doesn't change it's policies, alternatives are bound to come up. Rome wasn't built in a day, Lets wait for that time.

Last edited by BANFAN; November 6, 2008 at 09:19 AM..