View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 11:56 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Default Should Mushfiqur keep on keeping?

Mushfiqur Rahim has three jobs now. Batting, keeping, and captaincy. He has batted very well in recent days. Although he has made quite a few bad mistakes in captaincy, his captaincy is likely not in jeopardy (although I would have liked Mash to lead the team in shorter formats). However, keeping is where he always has been atrocious. It is routine for him to drop catches that turn out to tilt the game in favor of the opponent. If he does not drop Samuels twice (one was difficult, not the other), I don't think WI would have scored over 160-170. Stamping is his only strength as a wicketkeeper. But, he failed once in that also (Samuels benefiting) because he could not stop one delivery from Shohag.

Also, keeping load might be making him a less effective captain. Although he is not a very good keeper, he probably will be better at slips. If Amanul can cement his position in the team, he should be tried as the wicketkeeper. Any other suggestions? But, I feel that we cannot continue with Mushfiqur as a wicketkeeper. His drops cost the team dearly throughout his career.