View Single Post
Old May 8, 2011, 03:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
Teaching cricket should be done before players play for the national team. At least that should be the long term goal. Although our national team players may be weaker in cricket knowledge (as it is assumed by many), they certainly know cricket and they do not need any private-tutoring of cricket basics from the head coach.

About the comment about coaching, you are probably mis-reading his comment. Just two or 3 days back, during a MI IPL match, Johnty Rhodes told the same/similar thing about MI's fielding. He does not teach, he keeps faith in them and keeps them fit.

I read Shane Warne's comment as paying respect and to and confidence on the players.
I feel people are getting VERY confused between coaching a Test team and coaching a made up IPL team for 6 weeks, that includes world class players in each team, being paid ridiculous sums of money with no real care for the team they are playing.

Not being funny but you could probably put a cardboard cut out in charge of an IPL team. Coaches here are almost completely irrelevant. It's why the IPL is FULL of Australian coaches because each coach just brings in a 'mate' from home.

I have to disagree that the BD players don't require coaching either, and therefore by implication, are the finished article. They do indeed lack many of the basics to be successful at International level. This is well-documented. People would agree with you they SHOULDN'T need it, but they do. This is exactly why a coach who is not going to do coaching, is quite the wrong choice and as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Warne would never come to BD anyway. Epic fail of a thread