Thread: Nhl 2008-2009
View Single Post
Old November 3, 2008, 07:52 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

Habs on the rise, in the standing, currently 2nd in the east, 4th in the league with points but 1st in terms of winning percentage (85%). The scoring has been steady this year with 37 goals in 10 games and the defence has done the job allowing only 23 goals (2.3goals/game). In spite of our successful results, our special teams, both PP and PK are struggling at the moment. PP's ranked 19th, operating at 16% while the PK's ranked 12th and is operating at 82.4%. Both of these areas need to be addressed. General toughness and defensive stay at home defenceman is needed in our D.

Beams, did you hear Alexender Semin's comments about Crosby? Semin thinks Crosby's overrated. I am quoting from National Post online (http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...emin-says.aspx)
"What’s so special about [Crosby]? I don’t see anything special there,” Semin said in an interview with Yahoo.com. “Yes, he does skate well, has a good head, good pass. But there’s nothing else. Even if you compare him to Patrick Kane from Chicago … [Kane] is a much more interesting player. The way he moves, his deking abilities, his thinking on the ice and his anticipation of the play is so superb"

“I think that if you take any player, even if he is deadwood, and start promoting him, you’ll get a star,” the Russian star told the Web site. “Especially if he scores 100 points. No one is going to care about anyone else. No one is going to care whether he possesses great skill.

“Let’s say you put someone in front of the net and let him deflect pucks in, and he scored 50 goals, everyone will say ‘Wow!’ and then hand him a $10-million-per-year contract. That’s what they like here.
"In Russia people like beautiful hockey, and not dump and chase. I just don’t get it, why when a player is skating up the ice and no one is attacking him, he dumps the puck into the offensive zone and then chases it? Why would you do this if there is no one forechecking you?"

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; November 3, 2008 at 07:58 PM..