View Single Post
Old August 25, 2010, 09:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
I have no objection with anyone running, but I disagree with your point about the transition from u19 to nat level. The best is yet to come from our u19 teams, and honestly current u19s are MILES ahead of the ones that went through the system before and are currently senior players. Our current batch of players isn't the best, and we don't exactly have depth. As someone on the other forum said, England has twice as much players or something like that... Add to that most of the amazing players in nat teams come through strong academy systems, and Bangladesh doesn't have that many teams with such a system (especially in this forum).

But there is progress. Looking at current u19 (and recently graduated players), we have a bright future. Lots of good players are there. Hopefully we can develop them properly.

As for supporting you, I would need proof that you would be better before I give my vote. I don't care where a person is from when voting. Regardless, I want Turbz to run. He is best option by far.

Also, if I were you, instead of running for election, play in div1 for a few seasons (like parvez and dawah), and play with the best. You'll be EVEN better than you are now. Plus show you can develop players? I don't know your team too well, but it looks more like a team of oldies with exp, rather than a home grown team that you developed. Our nat team needs someone who can develop the current amazing u19s and young 20s players into even better senior players.

agree to every bit what Akib said.

and thanks to Dawah for widening the rift between the two sides...just when I thought we can take positives from summits new found gesture and finally break the distrust...