Thread: ICL-bd players
View Single Post
Old February 3, 2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmood
If anyone can create tournaments that will take such revenue like ICL does, any board will have problem to find sponsors. IPL may have been a success, but India is 70% market for cricket revenues. Other boards will have much harder time. Also, the national board maintains calender so there is no conflict, but a 3rd party tournament will create conflict of interest who is paid much more playing tournaments like ICL. So ICC implied, as long as that country board allows it, its okey, but if it does not allow, its illegal to play in those tournaments.

Pakistan board banned its players based on that, and now awaiting clarification from ICC on this. If ICC has no problem, then PCB will lift the ban and many other countries, including Bangladesh may follow. But untill its clear, boards can not risk breaking ICC policy.

If you feel, even if the policy stays such and BCB should still let them play in domestic leagues, that also creates problem, as more players may go to ICL, as they will only give up right to play for the national team, but can still use BCB facilities and play local cricket and make money. And we will end up with weaker and weaker national team.

So at this point, we should keep banning them untill ICC changes its stand.
Agreed...