View Single Post
Old April 27, 2003, 07:55 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default My replies

I think I regret Sumon's getting out more than Javed's. Although Sumon's out was coming, but Sumon also has a hundred and there is nothing more to boost one's confidence is by scoring a hundred against the second ranked test side in the world - South Africa; rather than ninth ranked test side in the world - Zimbabwe.

But I guess Javed cannot lead the batsman at the other end as well as Ashraful can. That is a huge bonus for having Ashraful in the team. I don't know what anyone else thinks, I think that at least 60 percent credit for Sumon's getting to that hundred has to go to Ashraful talking with Sumon rather than anything else.

Having said that, it seems that there is no one in the team to guide Ashraful - which is a worry for me.

On the delivery that Javed got out - it was a cracker of a ball. And that is how cruel test cricket is. You play as hard as possible to concentrate, with determination and all, but you get one really good ball - and you are out.

About Tapash's not scoring any more runs in test match cricket after his maiden test fifty, I think it is because Tapash has become more of a bowler.

And in time, I fail to understand this that how come even the team management promote Tapash to number nine in the first innings and then today at number ten (well it was demotion - but nevertheless) when there is somebody like Enamul Haque Moni in the side and he gets to bat at eleven! How ridiculous is the lower order's batting order!

But in the end, Moni could not prove anything. So Moni proved that it doesn't matter who bats at which position, Moni will never become a true all-rounder in test match cricket - that he deserves to be.