View Single Post
Old April 26, 2003, 11:19 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default The whole team ... I\'m happy with batting

Have (almost) always baked Akram uncle but if he doesn't play around 100 balls or scores a 40-50 innings, I don't see any reason to keep him in the team. This is not his first test, he has been playing for ages and must have something to show for it, right ?
Ashraful - Don't see anything wrong with his slow rate. Even the South Afican batsmen took their sweet time to get to those scores. It's a test match folks, Ash is young. The more he stays out there, the more 'experience' he gets, the more runs he gets and unlike Akram uncle, he will probably take this experience into the next match.
Kapali - You can't hit a 50 in every single match. Even Tendu has ducks. Kapali is not superhuman. He works for it, sometimes he will make it, sometimes he will miss it but you give him more chances (ie. not drop him or ridicule him for one or two flops) and he promises to give you much over the next few years. I look at the BD team and I see the future prospects. By the way - Ali Zia discovered his hidden talents as per bd papers.
We don't have much going on in the present EXCEPT for Sumon's back to back halves (No Pilot = a happy Sumon) and a SLAP in the face for the selectors for dropping Golla for previous tests. However, they took him back so I guess I take the slap back. All they have to do is play him every game unless he flops in 3/4 tests straight. Play him in one dayers so maybe we can play ALL 50 overs.
Opee - I like him, he hasn't done much weak attacks at home. He need time to get used to the quality. Hence, sign him up for Australia as well.
Salim - nothing against him. Keep him for the second test. The worst thing we can do his career (and we have done this to others) is to drop hi after only a couple of matches.
Moni - 40 years ... All you got is time, play this like this is your farwell test and play the whole day if you want to ... It's your day.
Masri - read that he sent a nasty bouncer to down Rudolph. Well, another quick 30 won't hurt today.
Taposh - Already have a 50, what's stopping him from getting another one ?