View Single Post
Old September 25, 2018, 10:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees
. I chose to ignore your england comment

you did not ignore my comment. you made a graph. I wasn't even addressing u - it was a general comment on age and how we are debuting ppl much late these days. The core group of ppl we got now were all debuted very early.

Replies are as expected.

Look at my XI against Pak. I have shanto there and I particularly mentioned I want to keep him due to his age and I think mashrafee has been a successful leader because he puts complete faith in his players. mistake in asia cup was too many new (out of main team/no or low international experience) came together at the same time instead of slowly debuting them.

Nothing wrong with debuting young ppl in main tournament. Tamim was a surprise inclusion (at least for opposition, 17 barely any international expereince) in 2007 wc. that's pretty important event. That paid off. Mustafiz debut was great essentially winning series against two world cricket power - if we took the gamble of debuting him in the 2015 WC few month prior... BD's performance may have even be better.

so there is merit in playing new but TALENTED PLAYERS in important tournaments but they have to be a change in part of a core group of players.

Hope that's enough thoughts!!