View Single Post
Old February 25, 2018, 10:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I don't know why it would offend anyone.

Rifat, I like your post. I like the way how you wrote the thinking needs to evolve and should be in relations to everything else and money isn't everythign. All true.

But I fail to see how your post is relevant to making what is your worth. Problems in life that will drag you down will be there whether you make 300 dollars a month or 3 million a month.

Ppl always assume making higher money creates problems in life--- this is a very wrong assumption. It is actually the opposite. Money will make many problems in life will go away. And not all who makes money do not spend time with family.

Everything in life is important. Ppl talk about health. Rich ppl are healthier because they can afford to eat the best food, have time to go to work out and not worry about many things in life to keep their mental health is check A bad disease or accident can strike anyone regardless of money but i fail to see how having more money is a problem that ppl always bring up this and that...

And you should not compare your self to rest of the destitute world where malnutrition is a problem. You want to establish yourself to the point where you can actually help that population instead of worry about your own next housing and meal. i hope that makes sense.

I definitely agree with you there. In Islam, it's all about two things, how we earn the money and how we spend it. With a lot of money comes a lot of responsibilities and accountability. Not everybody is well equipped to handle that or take on that kind of a responsibility. I want to prove some real life examples: a few NBA superstars (Allen Iverson for example) whom at one point was a multi-millionaire is now broke(he made some really poor choices in life). Being Successful also comes down to the person and his/her decision making abilities. There was a movie called "The Wolf of Wall Street(2013)", which is based on a true story. I forgot his name but he is another classic example.

There are many good examples of wealthy people whom I admire like Warren Buffet and Bill Gates family. Despite having a ton of Money, Buffet leads a very simple lifestyle. Bill Gates does a lot of charity work worldwide and gives of tons of scholarships to promising students.

The entire point of my post was to make an attempt to prove that Money is not the only factor at defining success. I am glad you caught that. For me there is a threshold, x amount per year or something like that. For different people who wants to own yachts and private islands or private jets or whatever, that threshold is quite obviously much much higher. some people do not have any threshold, meaning nothing is enough...that's what I was aiming at. I thought My post would be offensive because it was an indirect attack to those whose only aim in life is as follows: "I make more than you, therefore, I am better than you type attitude". Their only purpose of existence is nothing more than to earn money.

Also, you don't necessarily have to be rich to lead a healthy lifestyle. like working out or eating healthy. You can buy organic or grow your own farm(like my mom does during summer).

Having money just by itself definitely does one thing. It gives you power to afford stuff that without money you wouldn't necessarily think about buying(unless you attained it as a gift/for free, which is rare). To me that's about it. it is a means not an end goal.

At a grand scale, the ability to help others and a make a big difference in their lives can also be done irrespective of having or not having money.

Most of us equate Success with having money. People like Albert Einstein, wasn't super rich but was very successful. Michael Hart authored The book "100: A Ranking Of The Most Influential Persons In History". Guess whom he chose as #1 ?

For now, I am focusing on becoming really really really good in my field. it takes a lot of reading, patience, hard work and practice. with Allah's help, I don't see why or how it is impossible.