View Single Post
Old September 23, 2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Most of this ODI suck, boring, ran it course, need to revamp etc. talk is coming out of England media, ECB and MCC, cause England suck big time. End of story basically. If you don't like it don't watch it. No one is holding a gun in your head and ordering you to watch actually. Any sports can not sustain without audience. If ODIs is to die let it die. No need to excellerate the death by changing rules and making it custom made for England. Let us see if it can survive or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
unfortunately, many if not most senior BC members have bought into the t20 > ODI delusion simply because the IPL has made serious bucks.

the IPL is popular in india for obvious reasons, and popular in england, australia, rsa, etc because their top players play and earn top bucks. very same reason why we went gaga just because mash and ash were lucky enough to get paid for warming the bench.

does this mean that T20Is - a totally different setup than IPL matches - will be more exciting or more lucrative than ODIs are at present? is there any logic or empirical data to suggest this?

world t20 was a rousing sucess because the only champions thus far are India and Pakistan - who incidentally provide 90% of world cricket fans and 75-80 % of world cricket money. what happens when those two teams are bottom of the pack, a la world cup 2007? then we will see how much money t20 really makes, how long and boring the world t20 is, how minnows need to stop playing t20, and what a crappy product t20 is vis a vis ODIs.

no one would watch a 50 overs match between west indies and zimbabwe in karachi, but oh a t20 clash between ireland and bangladesh will pull crowds by the drove in the kotla or madras?

who the hell are we kidding?
Top posts.