View Single Post
Old March 19, 2016, 04:07 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
What do you mean "you started it"?

You keep going back about the picture? There is no proof that a Bangladeshi did that. It's very easy to spread rumors and ill feelings on social media these days..

Case in study: Pakistani chacha were forced to wear BD flag. It made huge rounds in social media and how terrible Bangladehi fans are. But it was easy to dispel as the chacha himself later clarified that he was not forced.

Regarding the pic, no body knows who made it. We all here acknowledged that it was a distasteful one.

Finally no one hates India. You still get decent crowd support in mirpur stadium. some fans including me might be at times are critical of BCCI as an organization. But that's about it. If you think criticizing BCCI is akin to total hatred of India then I've nothing to say.

I've grown up watching Sachin, Dravid etc and have a lot of respect for them and other players that followed. But the constant intelligent trolling by many Indian fans here and their downright patronizing comments have also frustrated us. I've also become irritated with their approach.

So as you can see it goes both ways.

Finally, there is no hatred for Indians. I hope you liked Dhaka in your visit. You are welcome again and I hope the acts of stupid fans on both sides won't damage the good relationship between the sane ones..
According to me, this whole thing started post-Quarterfinals when again, according to me, most Bangladeshi fans were being irrational. I posted several pictures and debated hard but all in all, India just played well on that day and thats what Bangladeshi fans refused to acknowledge. That was the start of everything ugly and has gone downhill since. BCCI related conspiracy theories dont help.

Feel free to be critical, Indians are probably more critical than you. We were annoyed of Srinivasan more than anyone else as he favored his IPL team over all the others, besides conflict of interst. Again, we as fans never thought he fixed the matches to see his team win, unlike your fans. (I support Big 3 though and I've got my reasons for it.)

There are several pictures by Pakistani fans floating around on the internet but the fact that this (taskin/dhoni pic) got media attention was because there was a precedent set by the first picture, the semi-bald billboard that was not condemned but endorsed. Had you taken proper steps, this picture would have had no credibility. Rest assured, this will continue.

As you yourself said, intelligent trolling and patronizing comments. You can resort to similar banter backed up with proper facts or ignore them. You need Indians and other fans on here for colorful debates.

I absolutely loved my visit and my internship at Grameen. Travelled a lot. Will be back again early next year to meet my friends there.