View Single Post
Old April 4, 2014, 10:30 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

This was from July 22nd, 2012 when I opened this thread: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Hashim's on 183* at the Oval, his 14th test 100 in 103 test innings, as I post this, while Virat hit his 12th ODI 100 in 83 innings. Hashim (29) averages 47 and 56 in tests and ODIs respectively, and Virat (24) 33 and 51. Both are also excellent T20I batsmen set to captain their countries in the future in all 3 formats of the sport.
Kohli is the best limited overs batsman in the game today on all surfaces. I'm sure he'll stamp his authority in tests also. Still just 25.5 and averaging 47 (tests), 52 (ODIs), and 44 (T20Is), he's a class apart in the middle. And with 19 ODI 100s already, I see him race past SRT in the format. He's a proven match-winner who dominates the 50-over game the way Sir Viv did.

Amla just turned 31 and being as fit as he is physically and mentally, I see him batting at a very high level until he's 40. Now averaging 51 (tests), 53 (ODIs), and 25 (T20Is), this late bloomer is still getting better despite the occasional and brief hiccup. I won't be surprised if he finishes his career with 40+ test and 20+ ODI 100s, and a T20I average close to 35.

Both are sublime to watch and make you love the game the way ABD and Clarke also do but this thread isn't about those blondes.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)