View Single Post
Old March 17, 2016, 03:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Just one question. How old were you in 2007?

This was MOST pressurized game BD had ever played up till that time. The word is MOST.

Leading up to the game (two days before) we lost two cricketers in a motor cycle accident who were very close to players. One played for the team not so long ago. The news just sank the whole team.

Whoever lost the game and they would be very close to eliminated with formidable SLan team and lowly Barmuda in our group. We were considered as minnows. They were considered to WIN the damn thing. They created this type of format so that only the top 8, old dogs could have their own WC matches kicking out Zim and BD.

The trash talk Kumble did with Mashrafe day before the game, uncalled for. it inspired the whole team to play above their skin.

Team Ind had all hall of famers. Tendu, Dravid, Shewag, Zaheer, Kumble and so many more. All listed in "who is who".
Bro, no expectation = literally no pressure. No one expected us to win, no one even thought we would make it. I don't know where you see pressure, for me it was more nerves and emotions over pressure. Hope you understood my point.. Pressure comes from expectation and being able to meet those.. Yes at times you will fail but when you fail consistently when things are expected of you in world stage being the so called world class player, than literally you become a laughing matter. It's also sad one has to go back to 2007 to defend Shakib lol