View Single Post
Old May 4, 2012, 04:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
I personally feel many ahadith formpart of what we need to know in Islam, but i somehow dont elevate ahadith to the level of Quran. There are some Muslims who believe that to be a Muslim, you have to believe in all sahih ahadith as being infallible. They point to the fact that Imams compiled them with a lot of effort and screening, but what they overlook is that this compilation was done many years after the Prophets time, and that Allah swt protected the Quran alone. Surely if ahadith were meant to be as important as the Quran, there would have been a compilation of them during or just after the Prophet's time?

I am a mere human being and dont have the right to blindly label ahadith as authentic or false, all I know is Quran is the only protected book for Muslims
And Allah knows best

I might disagree with you on few matters, but I got to admit, this is one of the most sensible post in this thread. Yes, Allah has promised the protection of Quran. I am not aware of such promises regarding Hadith.

I am also another mere human being and might have even less knowledge than you about Deen. So I won't even dare calling this group wrong and that group right. At the end of the day, I want to follow the right and straight path. I have no right to judge others and Allah alone is the best judge. I just pray for all of us. If I am on the wrong track, I sincerely pray to Allah swt to put me and all others on the right path. Ameen