View Single Post
Old November 3, 2008, 04:00 AM
ODI Cricketer

Let's get a few things straight. The players who left for ICL have absolutely no grounds to complain. Shumon felt he was "no longer wanted"? Our best test player has struggled to get double figures in his last fifteen test innings. Siddons was spot on when he said even Ponting would have had a tough time to get a place in the Australian test squad. Shumon, take a leaf out of Sourav's career and fight for your place instead of crying like a baby. If you want to be treated like a senior member of the squad, act like one, and more importantly perform like one. i could go on about the other members but you get the point.

I have no problems with the players leaving to get more money; in fact, i am sympathetic to it like many members here. But let's call a spade a spade and not hide the real reasons for leaving BD.

I am also open to unbanning the ICLers. But this sets a dangerous precedence. It's obvious that the players left for money. It's also obvious that the same players knew that their reneging would potentially make them unavailable for future BD games, and yet they chose otherwise. This is fine. But spare a thought for players like Tamim and Mash, who turned down millions of taka to stay and play for BD. Would you, as a selector, have any right to tell them that their patriotism and commitment to the national team counts for nothing when the players who had prioritized money over BD team are so easily accepted back again?