View Single Post
Old May 11, 2009, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
BCB has taken a strategical move; now many people will be convinced that they are very liberal. But the problem lies in itself. If ICL continues, and if those ICLers can not cancel the contracts by themselves, then for them at least, the practical consequence is zero. If BCB wants, no ICC rules (as far as I know) can prevent them from withdrawing the ban and selecting them for national duty.
Why they can not. Nafees, Aftab, Alok, Dhiman, Reza, HB (did I miss anyone; the useless Nazim, Rubel?) have prior record of canceling their contract without giving prior notice. If they want to play for national team they can as they proved that when they canceled contract with BCB to join Indian Chimp League. And playing in Galli cricket does not qualify you for national selection. The caliber of Dhaka Wastes has been proven when they meet the best bowling line up of Indian Chimp League - Lahore Darwans.
Though I agree after some time BCB make one good move. ICLers are doomed if they do and if they not do.

Last edited by thebest; May 11, 2009 at 11:35 AM..