View Single Post
Old August 8, 2012, 01:02 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
So suppose certain MR.X has the 1st draft pick, and the Best Player in that draft is MR.Y..so MR.X can pick MR.Y from the draft since he has the 1st pick..But due to MR.Y's skills he has a high price and MR.X cant afford him..so in this case despite having the 1st draft pic MR.X cant draft MR.Y right?..i am talking about the NFL/NBA/MLB cases..since i dont follow this leagues i dont know anything about their system.

here in MLC this isn't the case i see, it was known that who ever got the 1st pick would get cris gayle and exactly thats what happened
NFL fantasy football for ex is a draft system, just like this. Just like any other normal fantasy games, our season one is going to be a draft system as well. We were going to use this to launch the league, get people to join and then start more auction based format to bring some challenges (If we ever do get to next season, it'd only be introduced if the players want it). But even then I never had a plan to make it all that complicated, esp after seeing how simple choosing coaches and staffs made it very confusing for some of the managers. It was all gonna be based on rough estimates.

But right now we are not going into the budget system. We are simply drafting at this point. Don't worry about the money right now. Just draft players that you like. I will also get rid the other stuff from the season just to make it very plain and simple. At this point I just want us to start the damn game. But if you do want auction instead of draft, right from this season, you can vote YES on SNR's plan on the other thread. I don't mind. I'm down if you guys are. I just wanna start.

Also, don't everyone get hang up on Gayle. Just like in real life, him alone won't win you the cup.

It's simple building your franchise. Build a strong cricket team for your city.