View Single Post
Old April 4, 2011, 10:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Could ...... not .... resist .....(j/k, please read after the picture)

Off topic: I have had offshore teams in several countries - India, Costa Rica, Russia so am familiar with the scene. I have used developers from Kalyan Rao's new group (he of the Satyam fame) and I think if anything India needs to cautious about East European competition more than Asian particularly because India appears to be moving out of the low skill data entry, phone support outsourcing to higher value work. In fact, I did an ROI and it started to get cheaper for me to higher in US developers than offshore developers for the kind of high-end work we did - the time to market offset any minor $ savings. Unfortunately for me, I could not opt for Bangladesh as the net infrastructure is not there yet - my work involves massive amount of data processing both locally and on the cloud.
Yes. Eastern Europe would be a headache. Especially now that they get automatic EU entry. Bangladesh scenario I am aware off. I worked there for nearly a decade. Part of the issues in BD are high cost for bandwidth, monopolies by Metronet and Aknet, Grameen's high cost of E1, BTRC and their fault in not implementing viable long term sustainable policy. Has the BTRC directive for developing the Database centres in the north been/being implemented? I knew several people who were involved in the Digital Bangladesh project who were working on the same. Thanks