View Single Post
Old February 7, 2007, 05:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Q5 is the least of our worries...i think mashrafee and saqib fit the bill best. neither are genuine allrounders, but then again not many are, so i won't complain.
Good point even though I kind of disagree about Alok and tushar though.

Now about Q5. Actually I think knowing about Q5 could have solved our problem with Q2 questions which effectd Q3 & Q4 issues. For example if we tried Sharif batting at #6 couple of games, we could have known if he is a viable solution as a 3rd FB. Or let Rahim bat at #6 and add tapash instead of Ash and see how he bats (at #7) and bowl, we could have another viable all rounder. But we will never know.

This is just two exmaples ..... the others are ....we are not going to explore any further if tamim, tushar, Reza, or even Nadif is going to have any role in the team or not.

We are kind of prematurely set our batting order from #1 to #6. Personally I think only #1 (SN), #4 (Sakib) and #5 (unfortunaely for captain Bashar as we cannot drop him now) should be only set. The rest (out of six) should be open for grab by the best in-form players.

Last edited by Fazal; February 7, 2007 at 05:50 PM..