View Single Post
Old March 28, 2011, 05:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglatiger84
Thanks for the anthem lyrics; the Sri Lankan rendition of anthem was best of the 3 host nations; an orchestral choral version.It was also funny that they played all 3 stanzas, and by the 3rd stanza you could see few of the players able to sing

I sometimes wish we had played an orchestral version of Shonar Bangla instead of a solo male singer before our games
I love the Tagoresque melody also, Expected when it comes to our own and India's anthem because both were written by him, but Sri Lanka's has always been a pleasant surprise for me.

I loved the Chhayanaut version of our national anthem the best. That's how it was meant to be sung in a chorus. A western orchestral arrangement, even a good one by someone at the Julliard, would overpower the incredible lyrics IMHO
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; March 28, 2011 at 05:35 AM..