View Single Post
Old May 6, 2012, 03:09 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun petr
jurgensen doing a great job. I've seen how our bowling improved so much within this period. Bowlers got their confidence back. Specially our Bowlers are now a bit smarter and they are aware of their weaknesses. So if We hire a new bowling specialized head coach it will be foolish truly. And newZealand did great under his guidance. So batting HC needed.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I need to slightly comment on the bowlers.

Rubel and Shaf became 'aware' at the end of 2010 when we beat NZ in the Banglawash. We completely out bowled NZ at that time. Nazmul was someone we spent a great deal of time working with when no one would pick him.

I know Shaf has somewhat lost his way and is now injured. Rubel is also injured too. Nazmul at least got a chance to show what we all knew he was capable of and although no one else bid for him in the BPL, we got him at DG. This also happened with Mashrafe who we fully backed and gave him the responsibility.

The support quicks (like Shahadat, Babu) either haven't been able to break in or perform consistently. It is worrying at this time, how low the stocks of genuine fast bowlers are. I would hope to witness a few coming through very soon from some sort of development work now the team isn't playing.

With regard to Shane, he has done a steady, professional job with the bowlers he has. His work ethics are good and he is a solid coach. I look forward to there being some good, new pacers under his guidance.