View Single Post
Old March 1, 2018, 04:05 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Are you sure about that? May be you are right, but unless I see more I am not 100% sure. They bring five new guys in one series Two survived but rest were sacked after one try? When you bring a new player, I am guessing BCB thinks they are ready. Ready or not, once you bring a new guys in team, they should get more than one game to prove/disprove their merit. For example I am not sure that Zakir or Afif is a failure.

How come Rony, after showing some promise,didn't get his 2nd chance for last few years (until the coming series) ?

What's the point bringing in a new player(s) and then dropping them after one game? To me this just exposes the incompetency of the BCB, not the new players.
Totally agree with you. BCB is the main culprit here. Those 5 guys are recent U19 players and weren't even ready to represent A team yet. I thought they were way too raw and were introduced few years too early.

Probably Sujon and Nannu wanted to surprise Haturu by introducing few unknown players and it backfired. Selectors most likely have realized the blunder they made and immediately sacked them. Dont know how this selecting and then sacking after a game will help those 5 guys to grow. I was not blaming those 5 at all.

I was referring to players who are over 23 years old and are somewhat capable of replacing players like Shabbir, Sarker, Imrul. At this moment dont see any who can. Our bench strength is so bad that we have to select a proven failure like Imrul over and over again that too in a T20 squad. A discarded player like Razzaq had to emerge from his hibernation to make his first appearance in several years because of Shakib's injury.

I dont see Another Shakib, Tamim in our pipeline. Thats making me sad. I hope Afif, Zakir will be ready in few years when Shakib, Tamim retire and will take our cricket to the next level. But I am worried. Have seen Bijoy and Soumya