View Single Post
Old July 10, 2009, 02:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Hardly a celebration thread bro. Do read carefully. But then again what the F do we know? We shudder before your supremacy and sheer awesomeness! We exist only to be belittled by you just so that YOU can feel better about yourself in the process. I hope you're ready to rule the world soon. Humanity awaits more eagerly than you can imagine.

Shakib is not a bits and pieces player IMHO. His hand-eye coordination is a natural ability he can apply to cricket. That in my book is pure talent. That often makes up for his baffling technique from time to time. His balance when hooking and pulling is also something hard to teach.
Unneeded sarcasm. By celebration thread I was reffering to the thread opened to celebrate our preassumed victory against India in the T20 WC. I am not the type of person who goes around looking for fights over the Internet. The first part of my post was written in a joking tone. But giving the post a second read I can understand how it can offend you. I don't blame you at all we are in such a stage that without the use of "LOL"s and smileys one can not distinguish between who is serious and who is not.

Now on Shakib. Everyone who plays International cricket has their strengths just like Shakib is advantaged in the attributes that you listed. However to the naked eye Shakib does not look as talented as say Ashraful or Tamim. And like the players you mentioned Shakib has continued to improve throughout his career which is why I placed him in that category.

Looking at the scorecards I can see that Johirul has been used as an opener while Pilot has been Rajshahi's first choice keeper in the 4 day matches. But now with Pilot retired Johir will get the opportunity to keep more frequently and we can understand which standard he belongs too. Our stock of keepers seems to be quite rich though